Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
Eurofins TestAmerica, Inc. is searching for an Analyst I in Edison, NJ.
The Analyst I prepares and analyzes environmental samples using standard analytical techniques according to scientific and EPA methodology in compliance with Eurofins Eurofins Eurofins TestAmerica's Quality Assurance programs and SOP's.Analyst I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
• Performs routine lab tasks that provide experience and familiarization with methods, practices, and programs. These include:
o Preparation of samples using standard techniques
o Performing chemical analysis using standard techniques
o Calculating data
o Recording and reporting data and any unusual test occurrences to the supervisor
o Performing routine instrument maintenance
• Responsible for performing job functions in compliance with Eurofins TestAmerica's EHS and QA standards
• Responsible for general housekeeping in his/her work area
• Ability to become trained and competent on complex instrumentation including but not limited to gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, atomic absorption, ICP, and instrument specific data systems.
• Works under close supervision using routine and standard methods
• Aliquots and weighs samples
• Washes glassware
• Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
• Performs other duties as assigned
This role is Monday - Friday 4pm-12:30pm OR Wednesday - Sunday 8am-4:30pm.
Candidates currently living a commutable distance from Edison, NJ are encouraged to apply. QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Bachelor's or Associate Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related field
- Authorization to work in the United States without restriction or sponsorship
Additional Information Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.
- Ability to complete work within time and quality constraints
- Ability to work independently and follow written or verbal instructions
- Cooperation and coordination both orally and in writing
- Able to follow and learn appropriate protocols in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Organic preparation
- Gas Chromatography
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Environment Testing America, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com/env
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.