Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technician in Itasca, IL. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
This position will be performing testing within the Microbiology department.
The work schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday, 4:00pm to 12:30am; Rotating Weekends.
* Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
* Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
* Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
* Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
* Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
* Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
* Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
* Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
* Assist with processing of specimens when needed
* Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
* Associate Degree in Clinical Lab Science or Medical Technology; or BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related scientific field
* 1 year of clinical lab experience preferred
* ASCP or AMT certification preferred
* Ability to work independently within a team and strong attention to detail
* Strong organization skills
* Must be flexible with time and adaptable to change.
* Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
* Ability to work overtime as business needs
Monday-Friday, 4:00pm to 12:30am; Rotating Weekends