For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking a Molecular Biology Research Scientist 1 for our Safety Assessment site located in Skokie, IL.
Serve as a scientist in the conduct of assigned clinical and nonclinical molecular biology research studies of basic to moderate complexity, to include study management, interpretation and reporting of study data, and assuring the regulatory compliance of these projects.
The following are responsibilities related to the Research Scientist 1 position:
• Serve as a Project Scientist/Principal Investigator in the direction and execution of assigned studies in compliance with GLP regulations as they apply to the conduct of nonclinical research.
• Participate in and coordinate all phases of the study planning process with appropriate departments.
• Generate high-quality protocols, amendments, and reports appropriate for assigned studies.
• Perform/review data analysis utilizing the QuantStudio™ Real Time PCR Software.
• Review, interpret, integrate, and present data on assigned studies, using the assistance of senior scientific staff as appropriate.
• Function as contact for the planning and execution of sponsor interaction related to assigned studies, including proposal management and study scheduling, conduct and reporting.
• Provide technical and scientific guidance to the research staff.
• Attend scientific meetings, conferences and training courses to enhance job and professional skills.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Research Scientist 1 position:
• Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline. Related Master's degree (M.S./M.A.) or PhD/DVM preferred.
• Experience: Minimum of 6 to 7 years related experience in the contract research, academic, or pharmaceutical industry.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.