What is Cometeer?
Cometeer is building a different kind of coffee company. Partnering with the best coffee roasters in the nation, we meticulously brew the world's finest coffees, and then immediately flash-freeze the resulting extract at -321 degrees Fahrenheit. It's a process we developed ourselves and why we're building a 70,000 square foot manufacturing facility to scale it. Our coffee isn't just good, it's scientifically the best.
Cometeer is seeking a Sr. Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist to support our flex shift Operations Team as we startup and ramp full scale production at our Gloucester, MA facility. Under the direction of Cometeer's Head of Process, the Sr. EHS Specialist will work to ensure site compliance to federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations, while also supporting the development, implementation, and daily execution of EHS programs within the Cometeer EHS Management System. This role will have the opportunity to help shape the safety programs and culture for a growing company focused on reducing risk, engaging stakeholders, and doing the basics right. The ideal candidate will have strong relationship building skills, an attention to detail, and a demonstrated history of delivering results in a dynamic environment using a teamwork approach. Experience in the Food and Beverage industry is preferred as well as experience in a heavily automated production environment. Love for coffee is a plus!
What you'll do:
- Ensure site compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations, and conformance to ISO 14001 and 45001 standards as appropriate.
- Lead and document accident/incident investigations to determine root cause, prevention and corrective measures in partnership with operations teams, with a specific focus on severe and life-altering incident prevention.
- Manage and improve EHS-related documentation and training content in accordance with EHS management system processes; Attend, coordinate, and conduct EHS trainings as needed
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene, Construction Safety, Hazardous Waste, Environmental, Ergonomics, etc. to address needs unique to assigned business unit and/or project team personnel.
- Analyze site safety data and incident trends to assess facility and process-related risks; identify and execute continuous improvement projects that reduce the injury, illness and environmental impact events
- Participate in equipment safety design reviews, facilities design change reviews, and production change acceptance meetings and documentation efforts with responsible parties.
- Execute and continuously improve the Cometeer EHS Management System to ensure that production and factory changes are accompanied by acceptable health, safety and environmental risk controls.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years' work experience in environmental, health & safety-related field
- BA/BS Degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering, Ergonomics, or related field is preferred but not required if able to demonstrate equivalent work experience
- Able to influence and communicate effectively with leaders, production associates, engineers, contractors and supporting staff.
- Hands-on experience with lockout/tagout procedures, chemical management safety, construction safety, electrical safety, confined space, NFPA and OSHA regulations, and incident root cause analysis.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Manufacturing is a 24/7 operation; must be available to support occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Able to rapidly respond to employee health emergencies and activate emergency procedures
Cometeer is a coffee technology and manufacturing company. We developed and patented the first frozen, cryogenically preserved coffee capsule, produced by our revolutionary extraction system. By partnering with the nation's finest roasters, each capsule results in the most flavorful cup of coffee on Earth - prepared at home, in under 30 seconds. If you believe this will revolutionize the $90+ billion coffee industry, then we've already got something in common. And you've also got something in common with Packy McCormick. Check out his Cometeer feature to learn all about us.
Cometeer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.