Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We employ experts from top programs at over 500 universities and from a variety of industries. We are expanding and are excited about your interest in joining our team!
* 1100+ Team members
* 900+ Consultants
* 550+ Ph.D.'s
* 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Principal Scientist/Engineer for our Environmental & Earth Sciences Practice. In this role you will work as part of a team on stimulating and challenging work with significant opportunities for professional growth. The ideal candidates will be responsible for attracting and developing clients and providing consulting services in the areas of environmental, ecological, and air sciences practice areas. These individuals will also manage a staff of scientists and participate in a diverse array of projects. The preferred location is in the Boston area but ultimately, the location is flexible.
You will be responsible for:
* Identifying, developing, and securing new business opportunities and promote Exponent through industry contacts
* Enhancing and growing client relationships
* Developing and mentoring staff in both technical and business areas
* Growing the practice area by recruiting and developing staff
* Promoting Exponent's multidisciplinary consulting expertise by publishing papers, presenting at conferences, and conducting seminars
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
* Advanced degree in a related Environmental Science field
* Fifteen (or more) years of experience in environmental consulting; experience as an expert witness is a plus
* Has built an existing personal consulting practice comprised of a substantial client base
* Experience in managing projects and multidisciplinary teams
* An outstanding reputation among clients for integrity, responsiveness, and technical expertise
* Exceptional interpersonal skills
* Excellent writing and critical thinking skills
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.