Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
The Hardware Research and Technology Lab is looking for an imaginative and dedicated scientist to help contribute to a PARC effort to apply new and innovative aerosol creation systems to help solve complex problems in climate science. As a contributor to PARC's strong multidisciplinary teams, you'll be responsible for doing both analytically and experimental work to mature and test new nozzle designs, aerosol delivery systems, real-life system designs for small scale testing, and coordinate with climate scientists to best apply our technology. Additionally, you'll have an opportunity to work on technology with potential to help solve challenges from climate change. Your responsibilities will include:
- • Working with external partners to help communicate the potential impact
- • Simulating aerosol creation in CFD software
- • Creating 3D models of new nozzles and systems in Solidworks
- • Running experiments using a variety of liquid and air processing equipment
- • Measuring particle sizes using SEMS particle sizing equipment
- • Collecting data from a variety of sensors and analyzing the data to extrapolate trends
- • Developing technoeconomic models
- • Publishing results and raising public awareness
- • Contributing to projects as a subject matter expert
- • Continuing to learn and stay informed of developments in the field
- • PhD in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or other related field with emphasis on evaporative or spray processes
- • Track record of innovation
- • Coursework, study and practical experience in heat transfer and fluid mechanics
- • Ability to communicate theory to diverse groups across PARC and the greater scientific community
- • Equally comfortable with experimental and analytical or computational work
- • Track record of scientific achievement
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.