Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a Biological Scientist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Provides technical experience needed to assist in studying the basic principles of plant and animal life
- Contribute to lab management tasks such as keeping shared lab consumable inventories, mouse colony maintenance, and equipment maintenance
- Assists with performing basic laboratory experiments and procedures
- Design and perform experiments and interpret results
- Perform procedures including tumor cell culture, T cell culture, T cell phenotype and function assays, flow cytometry, ELISA, ELISPOT, DNA cloning, RNA extraction, viral vector design and production, gene expression assays, and murine in vivo studies
- Maintain an accurate, detailed research record
- Summarize and report results in oral and written formats
- Prepares, organizes and maintains various lab samples, supplies, and equipment
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Learns new laboratory techniques and procedures
- Work with the clinical cell production facility to develop new cell production procedures
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. Five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a laboratory environment.
SKILLS. (Ranked by Priority) Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures. Research experience in T cell culture, and T cell phenotype and function assays including multiparametric flow cytometry and ELISA. Research experience in molecular biology including DNA cloning and the construction and use of viral vectors. Research experience using murine models and animal-handling skills. Research experience with T cell receptor (TCR) or chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) gene therapy is preferred but not required. Strong communications skills, both oral and written. Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients.
We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.You should know:
Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.