Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Dow
has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Specialist
, located in Orange, TX
supporting Dow's Sabine River Operations site
(SRO) in Orange, TX. This position leads implementation of the Dow management system in multiple environmental disciplines ( air, water and waste) to ensure Dow continues to be a leader in sustainability . Responsibilities / Duties
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Lead, implement and optimize environmental management systems (standards, procedures, processes) in the assigned area to maintain Dow's license to operate and public image.
- Partner with facilities to incorporate site/corporate sustainability initiatives and goals (e.g. World Leading Operations, Climate Change, etc. goals) into facility programs and processes.
- Partner with businesses and operations to evaluate proposed project changes and impacts regarding permitting needs/compliance requirements, provide optimal solutions to maximize value for Dow, minimize emissions, and ensure the protection of the environment.
- Ensure consideration and evaluation of project impacts on the broader corporate mission, values, goals, and initiatives. This includes working with project teams to build in elements of sustainability, climate change, environmental justice, and circular economy.
- Manage permit/regulatory compliance including providing data/information for permit applications for new and modified equipment, requests for permit changes to address physical or operational changes and partnering with facilities to implement new permit conditions/limits.
- Partner with project and plant personnel to implement permits into facility operating discipline by providing interpretive guidance and inspiring open communication.
- Develop and deliver environmental training, including ongoing coaching, to ensure all personnel work as a team to protect Dow's license to operate and meet all environmental standards.
- Work with facility personnel and Environmental Technicians to prepare periodic compliance reports such as MACTs, Title V and NSPS, as well as emissions/waste reports such as Global Emissions Inventory, Toxic Release Inventory, Air Emissions Inventory, Annual Waste Summary, Greenhouse Gas, etc.
- Provide data for Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) requirements and response to TCEQ inquiries for development of environmental permits and agency investigations in a mutually respective, collaborative and professional environment.
- Collaborate with Environmental Expertise to provide and evaluate potential impact of proposed regulations and provide constructive comments/advocacy to agencies for flexibility that is protective of the environment.
- Enthusiasm for environmental compliance and sustainability
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with operations personnel partnering for success
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence
- Demonstrate strong logical thinking and computational skills in order to ensure compliance with regulatory and permit conditions and limits.
- Enthusiastically pursue a standard of excellence by developing innovative solutions to provide maximum operational flexibility and competitive advantage while also protecting our planet.
- Handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to apply all regulatory, permit, and company requirements in areas of responsibility
- Is clear, concise and articulate in communications and demonstrates effective listening skills
- Adapts positively to change
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or a related scientific field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
- Experience implementing and managing environmental regulations in a chemical manufacturing facility is desirable.
Relocation assistance is not provided.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com .
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.