Arvato Supply Chain Solutions is part of Bertelsmann. We combine the advantages of a global corporation with the reliability of a family-run business. We take care of our 15.000 employees in more than 20 countries who profit from a wide range of benefits and professional development programs.
At Arvato, we measure our success through the successes of our customers. Our DNA is built upon Customer Obsession, Ownership and Continuous Improvement (Hustle). We achieve our goals by means of experience, state-of-the-art technologies, creativity, passion and a commitment to quality, innovation and having fun! Come and join our team today!
We are looking for a dynamic, hands on Environmental Health and Safety leader with a passion for cultivating a culture centered on safety, training, and continuous improvement. This is a brand-new role for our growing organization and will provide an exciting opportunity to exercise their entrepreneurial spirit and build a legacy of workplace safety and standards of excellence within our North American operations. The EHS Manager will be responsible for identifying and interpreting regulatory standards that impact business activities and ensures company-wide compliance with environmental, health, and safety requirements. This person will manage and coordinate all activities related to Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) training programs while ensuring that company and sites objectives for health and safety are met. This role will also be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring comprehensive safety processes, training programs and management practices to eliminate all accidents in the workplace and meet all applicable safety rules and company policy requirements.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring comprehensive environmental processes and management practices to meet all applicable environmental rules and company policy requirements.
- Coordinating with site leadership and site EHS coordinator to implement policies and processes and provides relevant reports and analyses to ensure appropriate decision-making as it applies to safety and training.
- Identifying and evaluating hazardous conditions and practices, developing practices and programs to correct or reduce the occurrence of safety, health, and environmental risks
- Ensuring preparation and delivery of all relevant training and materials are compliant with all customer, governmental and Company directives and policies.
- Investigating and reporting on serious injuries to employee and drives root cause analysis and corrective action implementation
- Reviewing and analyzing company accidents and historical claim experience to identify frequency or severity problems and loss trends
- Conducting improvement projects based on findings to improve overall employee health and safety.
- Investigating and supporting responses to employee safety concerns, unemployment claims, and workers compensation claims to provide high quality internal customer service.
- Periodically auditing operational procedures and programs related to all aspects of the facility as training is developed and updated.
- Training and coaching managers and supervisors on behavior-based strategies, accident investigation, hazard identification, self-inspection and employee training.
- Attending and coordinating department safety meetings.
- Supporting OSHA/ Cal OSHA recordkeeping
- Supporting RFI/RFQs for safety
- Partnering with HR on injury investigations and prompt return-to-work of any injured employee.
- Coordinating all EHS site audits and inspections for safety equipment.
- Ensuring compliance with third party annual audits.
- Performing other related and assigned duties as necessary.
Preferred Qualifications and Key Traits:
- A minimum of 5 years of corporate Environmental Health and Safety leadership experience
- At least 2 years of previous experience developing, implementing, and leading multi-site Health and Safety Programs
- At least 3 years of experience creating training and internal audits that encompass current/most up to date regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, CalOSHA, EPA, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience creating and implementing regulatory compliance and training (OSHA, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree
About our company:
- Master's Degree
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to advise and influence at all levels of the organization
Arvato - the spirit of solutions!
We at Arvato provide a comprehensive range of services and solutions to our business partners in the consumer electronics, high-tech, telecommunication, networking and industrial sectors. With more than five decades of experience and our global footprint we create value for our customers and ensure that they are well equipped for the challenges of their markets.
Arvato is a part of Arvato AG/ Bertelsmann, an internationally networked outsourcing provider. More than 65,000 employees design and implement solutions for all kinds of business processes across integrated service chains, for business customers from around the world. Its portfolio includes all services related to the creation and distribution of printed materials and digital storage media, as well as data management, customer care, CRM services, supply-chain management, digital distribution, financial services, professional and custom IT services, and the direct-to-customer distribution of educational media. Arvato is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA.
Arvato is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Company:
Arvato Digital Services LLCCountry:
United States of AmericaState/Region: