Additional Locations: Not Applicable
Primary Locations: MI, Auburn Hills, 3381 Lapeer Rd. W., 48326
Requisition ID: 160212
Davey Resource Group, Inc., (DRG),is seeking an environmental technician. DRG provides a full array of consulting services in the areas of natural resource permitting and ecological restoration to clients in the private and public sectors throughout the Midwest.
DUTIES: Environmental Technicians work under the direction of Project Managers and Site Managers to provide our government, utility, commercial, and not-for-profit clients with the services and solutions needed to efficiently and effectively manage natural resources, comply with policies, and obtain regulatory permits. Overall duties encompass inspecting, managing, and maintaining a wide range of habitats, both natural and disturbed. Daily tasks include native seed installation, native plug planting, tree/shrub installation, invasive species control, or other tasks related to habitat restoration. An interest in or educational focus on wetland, stream, and forest habitats, is preferred. Ability to identify native and invasive plants is preferred. Other duties may include tree inventories and surveys, tree health assessments, written arborist reports, and other tasks related to urban forestry.
- Two-to-four-year degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Botany, Ecology, Forestry, Horticulture, Hydrology, Soil Science, or related discipline or equivalent experience in similar position.
- Driver's license and clean driving record are required.
- Michigan Certified Pesticide Applicator or ability to gain certification
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
- Capability of working outdoors and hiking in varying terrain and weather conditions
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
- Group Health Plan.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
- Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
- Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
- All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%
Davey is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers all qualified employees and applicants for all positions regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law. It is our mandate that all matters related to the terms and conditions of employment and all treatment on the job be free of discrimination. In addition, harassment based on any protected characteristic is strictly prohibited.
To preview Davey's relevant EO/AA plan, please submit a written request to: The Davey Tree Expert Company, Attn: HR, 1500 N. Mantua Street, Kent, Ohio 44240.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law - English | Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement - English | Spanish
Right to Work - English | Spanish
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Horticulture, Agriculture