GF Piping Systems is one of three divisions of GF, headquartered in Schaffhausen (Switzerland). The division is a leading supplier of piping systems made of plastics and metal. GF Piping Systems focuses on system solutions and high-quality components for the safe transport of water, chemicals and gases, as well as corresponding services. In over 100 countries through its own sales companies and representative offices and with more than 30 production sites in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, GF Piping Systems supports customers in the fields of utility, industry, and building technology.
Head of Sales Marine - Americas
United States, Irvine
- Development and implementation of Marine commercial strategies Americas
- Identification of business opportunities
- Fully accountable for the vertical shadow P&L Americas
- Ensures that the vertical sales goals are achieved through the effective placement of the vertical Sales Managers in Americas, working together with GF Marine Global Business Developer, Global KAM and Project Execution Managers
- Ensure coherent Vertical approach by setting standards and ensuring compliance
- Coordinate Vertical across Americas and managing interface conflicts
- Pinpointing problem areas and resolve steering model issues with MDs or other Verticals
- Manages and motivates subordinate staff; reviews and assesses performance, builds employee capacity, supports their professional development and enables employees to optimize their contribution to the organization
- Education: Preferably University degree in engineering or business economic, or similar experience
- Language skills: English fluent; any additional languages would be beneficial
- 7 years experience in Marine (direct or service / maintenance)
- working experience in leading - P&L responsibility
- proven experience in sales management /strong strategic commercial mindset, "nose for value"
- good/proven experience in business development
- technical expertise: Understanding of available products and applications and their benefits to Vertical
- Traveling: 10% globally / 40% Americas
- GF strives to support work/life balance by extending flexible work time models consistent with local business conditions.
- GF believes that career development is an ongoing, team-oriented collaboration and supports this philosophy with a formalize structure that places high value on employee goals.
- To support health and well-being, GF offers a variety of activities and options to support fitness and good nutrition.
- GF offers comprehensive packages with elements that support proactive health management, generous savings plans and other benefits above typical market offerings.