Vesigen Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing groundbreaking therapeutic products using a unique extracellular vesicle delivery technology directed to intracellular targets. Our ARMMs (ARRDC1 Mediated Microvesicles) technology, delivers payloads, including RNAs, proteins, and editing complexes directly into the cytoplasm of target cells. Our team of seasoned drug hunters is committed to leveraging the novel ARMMs technology to develop transformative medicines and address currently unmet medical needs.
Vesigen is seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist to join our team and contribute to the development of the company's exciting ARMMs technology across multiple disease areas. The ideal candidate will have an established background in molecular biology, vector design, optimization, and testing. This is an opportunity to innovate and impact preclinical drug discovery efforts in a dynamic biotech start-up environment. Responsibilities:
- Lead vector design and optimization through integration and alteration of various regulatory/promoter elements and linkers to design payloading constructs or to enable other strategies.
- Custom design of vectors to enable rapid swapping of elements for optimization of transgene expression or to alter other elements within
- Execute and oversee testing of constructs by transient transfection using approaches such PEI, lipoplex, and electroporation.
- Design constructs for stable cell line generation using viral or non-viral approaches and generation of resultant cell lines.
- Contribute to design of analytical assays to support platform and discovery activities, as they relate to vector design, including appropriate evaluation of transgene expression, payloading of ARMMs, and corresponding activity of payload.
- Analyze and present experimental progress and results in team meetings.
- Work with process team to enable transfer of knowhow and scale-up of ARMMs production for any specific payload.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, pharmacology, chemistry or related life sciences field and 0-5 years of hands-on industry experience. B.S./M.S. with 5 or more years of relevant experience will also be considered for the role.
- Extensive experience in molecular biology and with relevant online tools and software packages eg: SnapGene or similar software
- Experience with construct design, introduction into the model system/cell line, including transfection, transduction, and electroporation.
- Strong background in cell-based assays and readouts by flow cytometry, qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA, and high-content imaging.
- Knowledge in RNA secondary structure prediction desirable
- Commitment to training and mentoring junior team members.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and record keeping
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to multitask with an evolving workload.
- Motivated, self-starter with enthusiasm to learn and contribute.