Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Our purpose
Join a team that's passionate about partnership. With careers at Dow, we take time to explore questions and talk to each other. We love to learn. Our people are driven by limitless curiosity.
We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable materials science company.
- Employing 36,500 individuals
- Across 109 manufacturing sites
- In over 31 countries
Our portfolio of products and solutions include:
- Plastics: With new technology trends, our plastic additives can be experienced in many everyday items including vinyl, blow-molding bottles, film, rigid containers, PVC plastics, siding, decks and rails, foam pipes and profile formulations, window frames and high-efficiency lubricants.
- Industrial intermediates: As the product of a reaction that is beneficial when used as a precursor chemical for another product, industrial intermediates can take on many shapes and forms. Ours are used in home comfort and appliance, building and construction, adhesives and lubricants, and more.
- Coatings: Whether it's a water-based coating or solvent-based coating, a thin film is deposited on materials to enhance specific properties such as enhanced performance, durability, aesthetics, and sustainability.
- Silicone businesses: Our silicone-based materials can withstand more demanding applications, from those operating at extreme temperatures, to those under harsh environmental conditions for long periods of time.
Learn more about our partnerships, collaborations and innovations on LinkedIn (@Dow) or Twitter (@DowNewsroom).
We make diversity and inclusion a priority-because sharing our perspectives and building on each other's ideas will drive innovation. Could you imagine yourself in a place like this?Dow
has an exciting opportunity available within our Product Safety Research group that is part of our Toxicology and Environment Research & Consulting Team. The location is Midland, MI
as this role is aligned to the laboratory where investigative research is conducted to ensure the sustainability of our chemistries. Specifically, you will be exploring how to take environmental evaluations beyond regulatory requirements for our silicone materials. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to not only collaborate with other Dow scientists but also regularly engage with our external partners and consortia to design leading edge environmental fate research programs that support global advocacy for the safe, sustainable and highly beneficial use of organosilicon chemistries. Silicones can take many forms - from liquids to solids - that allow engineers, scientists, inventors and companies to use them as a vital component in thousands of consumer and industrial applications. From shampoo and baking molds to cars, computers and precision engineered spacecraft, silicones can be found in a myriad of applications. Silicones can also be used in renewable energy or energy saving applications; everything from wind turbines to solar panels, LEDs to green tires rely on silicone technology.Responsibilities:
- Provides science leadership for environmental fate research and testing studies (study designs, protocol creation, statement of work estimates, and interpretation of data)
- Leads study team and leverages broader expertise to deliver high quality scientific results that are aligned with the statements of work supported by the industry
- Develops and implements technical solutions through hands-on experimentation/problem-solving for research problems in the area needed for the investigative research
- Provides clear, concise communications both internally and externally and this may include publications and presentations
- Understands and follows appropriate EH&S standards, policies, and procedures applicable to their job. Leads by example in the area of safety behaviors and promotes safe work habits
Your preferred qualifications include:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree or relevant military experience at or above a U.S. E6 ranking or Canadian Petty Officer 2nd Class ranking
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in chemistry, biology, engineering, or related fields
- Must have expert knowledge in chromatographic analytical techniques including GC, GC/MS, LC, and LC/MS
- Hands-on experience in conducting laboratory research studies.
- Familiarity with and willing to operate under Good Laboratory Practices and will work closely with other Dow scientists to develop appropriate procedures to meet study goals
- Knowledge of silicone chemistry and its degradants and will be part of an enthusiastic team that is investigating the environmental fate of the silicone chemistry in support of the industry
Your skills, knowledge, and abilities include:
- A Master's or PhD in chemistry, biology, engineering, or related fields
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret study results
- Work independently and within a multidisciplinary team setting
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- A passion for solving complex research problems and exploring the unknown
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Domestic relocation assistance is available for this role and may be provided based on eligibility.
- Sign in or create your account.
- Make sure your resume is accessible. Easily link your LinkedIn Profile to load your resume when logging into apply.
- What can we accomplish together? Apply to find out!
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com .
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.