Kelly Science and Clinical
is the world's most recognized brand in science and clinical staffing with more than 100 locations in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. Our scientists contribute to the research and development of the next generation of small molecule drugs, biologics and cellular therapies. Overview
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate, Cell Biology with one of our clients, a start-up biotech company in South San Francisco that is developing therapeutic antibodies to tackle multiple neurodegenerative diseases. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and executing cell and flow-cytometry-based assays and assist the biology team in development of pre-clinical disease models and mechanistic efficacy studies and biomarker development to support the selection, optimization, and manufacturability of candidate monoclonal antibodies. Responsibilities
- Design and execute in vitro/ex vivo cell -based assays using flow cytometry, microscopy and plate-based ligand binding assays with primary cells from human and mouse tissues, as well as cell lines
- Support development of pre-clinical disease models for inflammation and neuroinflammatory diseases and mechanistic efficacy studies to assess activity of monoclonal antibodies
- Assist with biomarker development to identify potential clinical indications
- Generate, collect, analyze data and present scientific findings at internal research meetings
- Collaborate with internal scientists and external collaborators to design and troubleshoot experimental protocols to optimize endpoints
- Coordinate with external collaborators regarding acquiring samples from in vivo animal models and human samples for internal analysis
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Biological Sciences or related discipline with at least 5 years of post-degree relevant experience in an academic or industry experience. Pharma/biotech experience is required
- In-depth knowledge of cell biology is required
- Working knowledge of immunology, inflammation and/or neurobiology is preferred
- Hands-on expertise with mammalian cell culture, human and mouse primary cell culture is required
- Expertise in standard cellular assays and techniques, including cell isolation, cell culture, flow cytometry, and ELISA is required
- Experience with performing basic in vivo animal model techniques (animal handling and injection) and tissue collection is preferred
- Track record of staying up to date with the latest developments in the field, and a willingness to learn additional related skills as needed
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills, including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Generate, collect, analyze and present experimental data in team meetings
- Experience working in a cross disciplinary environment is preferred
- Excellent English oral communication skills in a scientific setting are required
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to prepare written reports are preferred Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
#TJP2021_SPECYou should know:
Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.