Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
GSK currently has an opening for an Associate Microbiologist in Rockville, MD. In this role, you'll be providing routine QC Microbiology laboratory, with the purpose of meeting daily routine requirements as well as achieving goals established by the manager. Key Responsibilities:
- Completes daily assigned routine tasks timely and accurately (may include testing of GMP samples, Clean Utility sampling, Environmental Monitoring, reporting of data, assisting other Microbiologists, general lab housekeeping, paperwork completion, data entry, filing, etc.)
- Serves on team projects (i.e investigations, new equipment) in the role of testing support and initiation of investigation
- Responsible for completing laboratory housekeeping to ensure safety and compliance
- Identifies areas for improvement or gaps in both safety and compliance (ZAPs/ZIPs)
- Effectively communicates issues/hurdles to supervisor and/or manager
- Supports GSK site initiatives and departmental goals
- Requires holiday and weekend work
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- BA/BS in Science field
- 2+ years industrial experience in biopharmaceutical industry, such as Microbiology, Biology, or related field experience.
- Ability to work in team environment
- Knowledge of lab equipment use and laboratory information systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.