Absorption Systems, a preclinical Contract Research Organization located in Exton, Pennsylvania, is seeking a candidate for an Scientist. Absorption Systems provides testing services to pharmaceutical, academic and biotechnology companies to support drug discovery and development. The Scientist will work with the CGT (Cell and Gene Therapy) team to prepare assays, plan and conduct experiments and perform other lab duties.Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Molecular Biology with 2 years of industry experience.
- Knowledge of DNA/RNA purification, PCR and cell biology is essential for this position.
- Attention to detail, good oral and written communication, and strong computer skills are also required.
Knowledge and experience conducting experiments in some or all of the following areas (priority for more experience in qPCR and cell biology.)
- Extraction of DNA/RNA from cells and tissues
- RT-qPCR and qPCR
- Cell culture and Perform assays of transfection/transduction
- Preparation of assay protocol, planning and conducting of experiments under the direction of a senior scientist
- Designing new qPCR methods. Conducting molecular biology assays, such as RT-qPCR and qPCR.
- Preparing and maintaining cell cultures and reagents.
- Transfection and transduction in cells.
- Documenting all results in laboratory notebooks
- Writing report for the study project under the direction of supervisor
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a comprehensive benefits package that meets their personal needs.About Absorption Systems, a Pharmaron Company
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situ and in vivo models to assess the properties in question. The company's mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Absorption Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.