Tate & Lyle is a global provider of ingredients and solutions to the food, beverage and other industries, operating from more than 30 locations around the world. Through large scale, efficient manufacturing plants, Tate & Lyle turns raw materials into distinctive, high quality ingredients. These ingredients and solutions add taste, texture, nutrition and increased functionality to products that millions of people around the world use or consume every day. We are the secret ingredient to Make Food Extraordinary in some of the world's best loved brands. Could you be ours?Role purpose
The Environmental Coordinator supports local environmental compliance, sustainability, and outreach efforts including the development and implementation of programs and objectives and day-to-day hands-on support for environmental initiatives.
The position requires the candidate to spend an extensive amount of time out in the plant.EHSQS Accountabilities - EHSQS Critical Role Level 1 We are on a continuous Journey to strive for EHSQS Excellence
Our Journey to EHSQS Excellence (J2EE) is building a strong, sustainable EHSQS culture and signifies full participation of all employees and contractors supporting Tate & Lyle to deliver excellence. We believe that all injuries, occupational illnesses, environmental, safety and food safety incidents are preventable and that the environmental impact of our operations and our supply chain can be significantly reduced. We consult with and empower our employees and contractors to understand and control our EHSQS risks. Everyone has a right and duty to STOP work immediately and address working conditions, practices, or issues that conflict with our EHSQS policy. Level 1-Strategic Role -
- Drive EHSQS Excellence Culture and Improvements for the Decatur Plant
- Develop/Design EHSQS Policies and Procedures and Best Practices
- Set EHSQS Goals and Objectives for the Decatur Plant
As a site EHSQS professional the incumbent is responsible for:
FES Duty of Care:F
- Preparing and implementing EHSQS Management Systems (J2EE)
- Reviewing EHSQS performance to ensure Company objectives and expectations are met
- Involving all employees in the relevant EHSQS plans for activities and services
- Assessing the existence and effectiveness of EHSQS plans through appropriate audits and reviews
- Effectively reviewing and tracking corrective actions for all environmental incidents, and suggested improvements.
- Implementing leadership requirements specified in the EHSQS Management Standards.
- Carry out responsibilities/duties according to food safety, legal and quality requirements so as to ensure that our products are fit for human consumption.
- Comply with all environmental standards, procedures and work instructions at all times.
- Report any environmental violations or near misses in order to prevent any impact upon the local environment, its inhabitants and Tate & Lyle.
ealth & S
- Adhere to the safety policies, procedures and site rules.
- Fully participate in the safety program, including reporting any incidents or near misses and auditing.
- Serves as plant environmental support, advising all plant personnel on environmental issues
- Oversees waste disposal and recycling programs
- Performs/oversees regular site inspections for environmental compliance
- Supports compliance with Company's EHSQS policy, procedures and all applicable legal environmental requirements
- Identifies environmental risks, reviews and advises risk-impact assessments, and manages compliance to risk-impact management
- Ensures all environmental risks are incorporated into and controlled by the plant's EHSQS management system and programs to continually improve EHSQS performance
- Measures eco sustainability, monitors energy, water, and waste footprint, develops & supports key impact projects
- Analyzes environmental performance, collates results, makes recommendations, and generates reports for management
- Conducts training needs analysis and delivers environmental training
- Investigates environmental incidents, identifies root causes, advises corrective and preventive actions to prevent recurrence, and prepares compliance reports
- Reports and liaises with management on environmental performance
- Assists in managing and conducting internal Company and customer environmental audits
- Assists in derivation of Company environmental initiatives and environmental culture building programs
Skills and experience required
- The incumbent will be measured against site EHSQS, Quality, Production, Reliability and Leadership goals.
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, management, or engineering, or related field preferred.
- 5 year's relevant experience in heavy manufacturing or construction environment.
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect the following categories of personal information for the purpose of hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and work availability; Social Security Number and/or other identification information; Education and qualifications; Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and background check information, including relevant criminal history and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test results; Post-offer medical examination information and results, including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information provided by you during the hiring process.Tate & Lyle is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive workforce.