TRC Advanced Energy (TRC) is a nationally known energy efficiency consultancy. TRC collaborates with clients to develop and implement market transforming programs and initiatives that promote energy efficiency, renewable energy, and green building in multiple market sectors across the US. These initiatives reduce energy costs, improve the health and safety conditions of buildings, while also helping the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. TRC acts nationally to address some of our country's most challenging problems: global climate change and energy independence.
TRC is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated Project Manager to oversee delivery of energy efficiency initiatives primarily serving the commercial and multifamily residential new construction sectors in New York State. Eligible candidates will be a hands-on, highly skilled resource with a combination of project administration and technical experience. Background in new construction buildings is critical and mechanical or energy engineering, sustainability and/or energy efficiency expertise is preferred. TRC seeks an individual with proven success managing a diverse set of responsibilities and with superb communication skills to grow with our company.
The position is located in either New York, NY or Albany, NY.
Key responsibilities include:
* Conduct grant administration activities as part of the implementation of market-transforming energy efficiency initiatives through coordination with participants, energy engineers, project managers, and project coordinators;
* Build and maintain strong relationships with client to ensure that deliverables meet or exceed the client's expectations;
* Manage projects from initiation to completion, including scope, schedule, budgets, and adherence with program requirements;
* Resolve issues which may arise regarding assigned projects with applicants, contractors, or consultants;
* Support and develop tracking and reporting for new initiatives, including project promotion and recognition activities;
* Manage and develop relationships and increase coordination with key stakeholders;
* Make recommendations to improve existing strategies and business processes;
* Participate in the evaluation of program effectiveness;
* Advanced data analysis to support reporting, program improvement, and new strategy development;
* Develop strong partnerships with developers, design teams, market actors, subcontractors and other industry affiliates;
* Perform advanced data analysis to support reporting, program improvement, and new strategy development.
* Develop case studies of new construction projects to highlight successes of the program and to inform the market of innovative approaches to constructing high performance and energy efficient buildings.
* Track marketing and promotion activities related to projects funded through the program.
* 3-4 years of project experience related to energy efficiency in buildings;
* Bachelor's or Master's degree;
* Experience with energy efficiency and building science considerations related to high performance buildings and experience with the NYS new construction market;
* Established analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
* Strong project management skills with the ability to set priorities, collect and document project requirements, successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management organizational skills, and attention to detail;
* The ability to communicate technical topics to a range of technical and non-technical audiences through case studies and other materials;
* Excellent computer skills: proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technologies;
* Team-oriented, hands-on, highly skilled, adaptive, and client-focused mentality.
Local Travel Required