The Director of Environmental Health, and Safety plans, directs, and implements environment, health, safety (EH&S) programs to ensure compliance, reduce risk, and identify and resolve EH&S program gaps and deficiencies with companywide responsibility for developing EH&S management strategies and directing EH&S resources across Tangent. The scope of this role covers 11 Manufacturing Sites, Field Sales, Warehouse facilities, and all corporate Associates.
Role and Responsibilities
· Works in close collaboration with business and function leaders to plan, develop, implement and lead all aspects of EH&S management strategy, program, policies and procedures, including goal setting, action plan development and execution, and performance measurement.
· Finds opportunities to improve associate engagement, build and implement innovative solutions, programs, and policies and cultivate an active EHS culture.
· Leads the Strategy and Execution of not only the operations EHS cultural improvement, but the commercial cultural improvement as well. Visible leader in partnering with both the operations and the commercial organizations in expediting the education and awareness of all of our associates on all aspects of EH&S.
· Assists leadership in assessing EH&S related business risks and establishing annual EH&S targets. Analyze performance and lead development and implementation of action plans for continuous improvement of program structure including priorities to meet the needs of a dynamic, growing organization.
· Provides leadership in the investigation of serious events and all reports of injuries and illnesses including full collaboration of site management in the preparation of material and closure evidence.
· Participates in capital and operating budget activities.
· Assesses and cost-effectively leads EH&S related risks with the long-term objective to eliminate hazards and further reduce risk across operations.
· Has solid technical knowledge of fundamental EH&S and transportation regulations
· Adept at critical thinking and problem-solving; breaking down issues to identify and prioritize the main components of the problem, recognizing pertinent information, and drawing appropriate conclusions.
· Approaches decisions proactively, making effective and pragmatic choices while stabilizing benefit and risk, and maintaining compliance.
· Demonstrates composure in tough situations and confronts problems while remaining objective.
· Excellent interpersonal, influencing, written/oral communication skills; able to clearly and concisely communicate progress and results to critical partners in a timely manner and engage and align others with process and drive execution.
· Results-oriented; thrives in a culture that values individual initiative yet expects partnership and teamwork; comfortable with an organization that lacks closely defined functional department boundaries, detailed procedures, and a comprehensive information technology infrastructure
Education and experience
· Bachelor's degree required, ideally in occupational health, safety, environmental science.
· 7+ years validated experience, with a minimum of 2 years of EH&S management experience
· Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.