About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 91,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements below. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
WILDLIFE SERVICES TECHNICAL SUPERVISOR
REGULATORY DUTIES AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
* Routinely works with and communicates with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources for on-site inspections, reporting and compliance functions; may be called to the site off-hours and/or weekends to mitigate Wildlife damage and nuisance control concerns,
* Works under state Wildlife Damage and Nuisance Control Permit rules. (No hunting or fishing violations in the past 5 years in Michigan or any other state).
* Works under Federal guidelines when doing waterfowl management. Egg and nest mitigation for Canada geese and Mute swans.
* Daily checks live traps.
* Wildlife trapping & removal.
* Sets up weekend and holiday trap checks.
* Repairs live traps and maintains baiting.
* Works with pest control contractors (insects and small rodents) and assists when needed.
* Relocates wildlife to alternate locations and/or provides extermination services as necessary.
* Retrieves expired animals on grounds and disposes of carcasses in a sanitary manner.
* Repairs bird netting and other exclusions that are pest related.
* Resolves animal/human conflicts on site. Birds or animals in buildings are captured and released.
* Exclusion & preventative services.
* Wildlife damage repair.
* Wildlife population control.
* Completes pest inspections and issues work orders for exclusions or repairs.
* Daily records live trap animal captures and logs pest management or animal removal forms.
* Integrated Pest Management (IPM) digital database management.
* Provides for janitorial / housekeeping quality control checks.
* Other duties as required
This occupation requires operating technologically advanced equipment and instruments including but not limited to:
* Scissor lifts,
* Boom lifts,
* Off-road vehicles,
* Drone technology,
* GPS tracking,
* Using site motorized watercraft for waterfowl management.
* Communication skills: Must accurately understand both written and oral communications from scientists, as well as convey their findings.
* Observational skills: Maintain accurate logs of their work without overlooking any details.
* Critical-thinking skills: Must accurately deduce the importance of various testing results.
* Computer skills: A good working knowledge of computer-based technology.
* Safely use a ladder within the manufacturer's guidelines
* Lift and carry up to 75 lbs
* Safely access crawl spaces, attics, confined spaces, roof tops, etc.
* Work outdoors in various weather conditions
EDUCATION / LICENSURES
* Minimum requirements include B.S. in wildlife management, agriculture, biology, environmental and/or animal sciences, entomology, herpetology, forestry, or a requisite combination of education and experience.
* Military or job-related experience can be substituted for an undergraduate degree, e.g., wildlife and/or forestry, sales, estimation, customer service, contracts, collections, processing transactions, field service, environmental services/sanitation, animal exclusion solutions, construction/repairs, etc.
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at AccomodationRequest@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.