Focus on Forest Health
USDA Forest Service - Research Triangle Park, NC
Perform services as an Environmental Technician (ET) within the USDA Southeast Climate Hub (SERCH) administered by the USDA Forest Service Southern Research Station. The mission of the SERCH is to generate knowledge, tools and publications to increase the resiliency of working lands (i.e., forest, range and agriculture) to environment stress and change. These outputs are distributed to working landowners through websites, hard copy publications, webinar and workshops.
The Environmental Technician (ET) will assist on the project: "Supporting forest health and resilience through decision-making resources". The ET will work with Hub staff and partners to: 1) Development of webinars and virtual workshops for extension, S&P forestry, and private land managers using the salinization manual and hurricane manuals as study guides; 2) Establish long-term forest salinization impact plots across the coastal plain; 3) Continue keeping TACCIMO current for NFS and S&P forestry through new paper inputs; and 4) Continue developing FAMOUS through the incorporation of and integrations of forest operational guides (e.g., SAF Forestry Handbook) into digital, searchable forms.
Specific duties of the ET will include but are not limited to the following:
· Working with the USDA Southeast Climate Hub director, coordinator and other hub staff on both short (i.e., less than a day) and longer (i.e., longer than a day) projects associated with the work.
· Working with partners for inputs, collaboration and review of outputs.
· Compiling information and data and developing a logical organization of the content. Job Requirements:
- AS degree in applied sciences or related degree required or 3 years' experience as an environmental technician substituting for the degree.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and sound skills in written and oral communication is a must.
- Required to possess a valid driver's license with no restrictions.
- Required to have the ability to travel as needed in the performance of the work requirements.
- MS Office knowledge and ability to use MS Office, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel.
- Ability to work independently on projects and tasks.
- Ability to work independently, using sound judgment in applying broad guidelines to specific requirements.
- Ability to pass a federal background check.
- Covid-19 vaccinated or religious or medical accommodation
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.