Mile High Youth Corps helps youth make a difference in themselves and their community through meaningful service opportunities and educational experiences.
EDUCATION SPECIALIST: ENERGY & WATER CONSERVATION
Position Overview: This grant-funded position leads the Energy & Water Conservation programs education and certificate training activities. The Education Specialist will facilitate coursework and organize career development activities for Corpsmembers. This position will also assist with program recruitment and outreach to program partners. This position works directly with
Corpsmembers (CMs) enrolled in an AmeriCorps program.
Reports to: Senior Manager: Energy & Water Conservation Program
Areas of Responsibility
Youth Development & Certificate Training:
- Coordinate Corpsmember training for program-specific certificates; facilitate in-person group trainings to Corpsmembers throughout their terms
- Assist the Program Coordinator to organize career development activities; includes guest speaker sessions, site-based learning, and webinar/conference scheduling
- Connect Corpsmember trainings and career development activities with Corpsmembers career exploration
- Assist in orientation, training, supervision, and evaluation for Corpsmembers and Crew Leaders
- Conduct individualized training sessions when necessary
- Promote a solution-focused youth development environment in which Corpsmembers have the opportunity to develop new skills and experience personal and professional growth
- Collaborate with other program staff to support successful Corpsmember outcomes
Recruitment and Partner Outreach:
- Develop, implement and continuously improve the Energy and Water programs engagement activities within the community
- Assist Program Coordinator and Youth and Community Engagement Manager with community networking and event planning
- Maintain relationships with existing program partners, identify and build relationships with new partners to expand recruitment and service delivery opportunities- includes training partners, non-profit agencies, green industry contacts, and neighborhood coalitions
- Produce and maintain high-quality program records and reports as needed
- Assist the Program Manager in grant reporting and billing
- Assist other MHYC staff by providing programming information for marketing materials and fundraising proposals
- Attend Energy & Water Conservation program and Mile High Youth Corps events and trainings
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to hiring candidates with unique backgrounds and perspectives. If you are interested in this position but are concerned that you do not meet all of the requirements or possess all of the
necessary skills, or that prior convictions or your background might disqualify you, we encourage you to submit an application anyway.
Education: Minimum A.A. or A.S. required
- Teaching and/or classroom training experience, lesson planning and preparation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or other office applications
- Commitment to advancing MHYCs diversity, equity and inclusion goals
- Valid driver's license with insurable driving record
- Able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program on the first day of employment
- Pre-employment background check required, including a FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting. This position has recurring access to vulnerable populations.
- Pre-employment drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during employment.
- Willingness to adhere to MHYCs COVID-19 policies and procedures including vaccination requirement
- Experience working directly with a diverse youth population (ages 18-24 preferred)
- Experience with diversity, equity and inclusion programming
- Fluent Spanish-speaker
- Experience developing outreach, marketing and/or promotional materials
- Familiarity with topics of climate action and environmental justice
- Data collection and reporting experience including statistical analysis
Hours & Compensation:
This is a full-time, hourly (non-exempt/regular) position with a starting hourly rate of $17.50. Standard hours are Mon-Thurs 8:00a-4:30P, Fri 8a-4pm; hours may change with program needs. Some evening and weekend hours may be required for Corps-related functions. Medical, dental, vision and life benefits are available on the 1st of the month after working 60 days; eligible for participation in MHYCs 403(b) retirement plan. The position is open until filled.
Candidates are asked to provide a resume and a cover letter including pertinent personal and/or professional experience. In the absence of specific work-related experience, applicants are encouraged to describe personal experience that pertains to position requirements in their cover letter.
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to diversity in principle and practice, both in the community at large and within the organization. We are, therefore, committed to having our internal operations and employment practices administered on a non- discriminating basis inclusive of, but not limited to, race, religion, color, socio-economic status, gender, age, sexual orientation,
military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, or national origin. Every effort shall be made to grant reasonable accommodation for qualified people with disabilities to participate in this AmeriCorps program.
More information can be found at www.milehighyouthcorps.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location