About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Our Tucson office offers a unique work environment and specializes in Environmental Planning.
You will possess a strong skillset in natural resource consulting and project management, particularly environmental planning and NEPA compliance.
What you will accomplish
* Serve as deputy project manager for a variety of resource management and conservation planning projects, as well as preparation of NEPA documents
* Assist with the management of projects, technical staff, and reports related to NEPA compliance documents, particularly Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements.
* Contribute to expanding SWCA's professional reputation in outstanding planning and project management
* Learn to manage diverse NEPA projects, including water resources, alternative energy, transmission, and transportation-related projects
* Grow your skill set in the planning industry with the opportunity to learn and grow
Experience and qualifications for success
* Bachelor's degree in environmental planning, environmental science, biology or a related field
* Three to 10 years of experience preparing NEPA documents required (or similar levels of experience in report completion, as well as scheduling and budgeting of projects)
* Demonstrated experience working on and planning projects, developer and agency references preferred
* Experience working with Department of Interior (DOI) NEPA protocols and requirements, such as Bureau of Reclamation, National Park Service, and Bureau of Land Management
* Experience working with agencies directly as well as project applicants and proponents with NEPA documentation guidance and review
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.