ALL MANTECH EMPLOYEES WILL NEED TO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN EXECUTIVE ORDER 14042 AND THE SAFER FEDERAL WORKFORCE TASK FORCE GUIDANCE REQUIRING ALL COVERED CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL TO BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Molecular Biologist to join our team at the Navy Entomology Center of Excellence in Jacksonville, FL.
Job Title: Chief Scientist III - Molecular Biologist
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Apply scientific and technical skills to advance public health insecticide resistance (IR) technologies and techniques, develop and design detection tools for IR and related markers in arthropod vectors to control the spread of vector-borne disease.
* Obtain technical training from subject matter experts (SMEs), as required, to attain proficiency in new IR technology and techniques.
* Support the development and evaluation of IR diagnostic tools.
* Prepare and maintain workspaces to process samples using PCR and other molecular platforms aiding in the military mission of NECE.
* Assist in evaluations of vector surveillance techniques and technologies.
* Develop technical materials, standard operating procedures (SOPs), training manuals, and other knowledge management products.
* Serve as instructor for training of Navy personnel on related topics.
* Develop cooperative relationships with partner organizations (industry, academia, professional societies and governmental entities) focusing on public health technologies and techniques.
* Attend professional meetings, such as industry trade shows, technical/scientific symposia, and working groups, and present project results aiding in the military mission of NECE.
* Master's Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Vector Biology, or closely related field.
* Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in public health research and development, including field and/or laboratory work, and at least 1 year of molecular lab experience with Real Time PCR.
* Knowledge of scientific methods, and techniques concerned with public health insecticide resistance, molecular diagnostics, and pathogen detection.
* Possess an understanding of insecticide chemistry, biological sciences, and public health concepts related to the control of insects that carry human diseases.
* Familiarity with technical and administrative requirements for project development, execution, reporting, and management.
* Demonstrated experience in project design, execution, data analysis, and publication in peer-reviewed journals.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Vector Biology, or closely related field.
* Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in public health research and development, including field and/or laboratory work, and at least 2 year of molecular lab experience with Real Time PCR.
* Experience working in an MHS/DoD environment.
Security Clearance Requirements
* U.S. Citizenship required
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret clearance
* A current and active Secret clearance is strongly preferred.
* Must be able to remain in stationary position for up to 50% of the time.
* Must be able to deliver clear and effective communication both verbally and non-verbally to deliver updates; briefings; or interface with co-workers; leadership as well as customer.
* Must be able to work in an office environment and be able to freely move within this space to utilize office equipment as well as interface with co-workers and customer.
* Must be able to effectively use IT peripherals such as laptop, desktop, printer, fax machine, etc.
* Must be able to deliver presentations as needed.
* Must be able to review; decipher and understand program manuals; IT service requests; work orders; etc.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.