Titan America, LLC is a leading environmentally and socially progressive heavy building materials company located in the eastern United States. Titan America is part of the TITAN Group, an independent, multi-regional producer of cement and other related building materials. Our products include cement, aggregate, ready-mixed concrete, and fly ash beneficiation. TITAN Group has a record of continuous growth since its establishment in 1902. It has expanded its production and distribution operations into 13 countries, employing more than 5,500 people. Our products protect human life and personal property, improve the quality of life, generate economic prosperity and connect society.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Environmental Engineer. This exempt position will report directly to our Environmental Manager, and will be responsible for providing technical and engineering support in environmental matters for our FL business unit.
- Advocate for environmental issues with regulatory agencies.
- Assist in planning for changes in physical facilities to meet environmental requirements.
- Monitor daily, the facility's environmental compliance.
- Track and collect data to support business unit sustainability initiatives
- Champion waste reduction and Leader in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) programs
- Assist in addressing questions, and/or complaints received.
- Assist Environmental Manager in communicating environmental responsibilities within the company, to customers, with government regulatory agencies, and/or the public.
- Regularly evaluate environmental compliance, effectively communicate issues of non-compliance to environmental manager, and track the completion of necessary corrections.
- Responsible for updating and tracking the facility's environmental monitoring, reporting, and record retention responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures
- Communicate to company employees on relevant environmental issues and regulations, including related company policies.
- Develop knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental and land use laws and regulations.
- Assist Environmental Manager in implementing environmental improvement programs to promote increased environmental performance.
- Coordinate daily responsibilities with Production and other Operation departments as necessary.
- Must be able to work independently and meet critical deadlines.
- B.Sc. degree in Environmental Engineering or closely related fields is required (preferably cement, aggregates, or concrete)
- General knowledge of air quality and water standards, monitoring, and reporting
- Ability to independently learn and understand technical, regulatory, and external issues regarding the environmental programs at the plant
- Ability to positively interact with regulatory agencies to ensure understanding of requirements and obtain achievable compliance requirements
- Ability to independently audit and inspect industrial operations, identifying compliant or non-compliant environmental issues, and effectively communicate those findings to management
- Ability to effectively communicate required compliance activities to plant employees who are tasked with performing them
- Ability to prepare environmental permit applications, reports, and other communications for submittal to external parties including regulatory agencies
- Ability to communicate with internal and external parties in a collaborative, positive manner, representing the Company's interests
- 1-3 years of experience in environmental engineering positions.
- Working knowledge of Federal, Provincial, and Local Regulations.
- Experience with Title V permits, NSP/PSD, stormwater, and Class IV wetland permitting.
- Experience working with CEMS and associated DAHS.
- Experience with Florida environmental regulations and agencies.
- Experience in conducting environmental inspections/audits.
- Experience working in a heavy industrial environment.
Success begins with hiring the right people to partner with us as we grow and develop our businesses. People are central to everything we do. It is through their efforts and talents that Titan has been successful for over 100 years. Learn more about us at www.titanamerica.com. EOE/AA-M/F/H/V
Titan America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.