Find your new career in Bay Area life sciences! Scroll down to browse listings from hundreds of companies in the QB3 network. Principal Scientist / Associate Director - Molecular Biology
Serotiny invents multi-domain proteins for gene and cell therapies including genome editors, and chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). These novel synthetic proteins are central to cutting edge therapeutics, providing enhanced safety and efficacy through advanced control methods and engineered functionalities. We strategically couple synthetic biology with data science and machine learning to generate large-scale protein libraries for high-throughput screening and analysis.
Serotiny is looking for a Principal Scientist / Associate Director in Molecular Biology to join its Research Team. We are seeking for an individual who is excited to work closely with a team of protein engineers and cell biologists to build out and deploy Serotiny's high-throughput methods to characterize and develop cutting edge therapies.
- Lead from the bench in the design, manufacture and utilization of DNA libraries designed to evaluate genome editors, CARs and other multi-domain proteins in high-throughput
- Oversee the design and execution of molecular biology and protein engineering projects that support the collective needs of the Research team
- Maintain excellent electronic lab notebook records of protocols and experimental details
- Collaborate with software engineers to develop library design and analysis methodologies
- Train and guide the professional development of junior staff
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to participate in team meetings and to provide regular oral and written communication on relevant projects and milestones
- Ph.D. Degree in molecular biology, synthetic biology, or related area
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated experience supervising scientists is a must
- Proficiency in designing complex DNA libraries is a must
- Extensive Synthetic Biology experience in mammalian cells is a plus
- Hands-on experience with NGS technologies is a plus
- Expertise in the design and manufacture of multi-domain proteins is a plus
- Hands-on experience in molecular cloning techniques, CRISPR/Cas9, mammalian cell culture, cell transfection, viral production, flow cytometry, and FACS
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced startup environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US
Our events and newsletter mailings are a great way to learn about what's going on and keep up with the latest from our startups.
Don't miss an event, emerging technology, or news article. Sign up for the QB3 newsletter.