Principal Scientist - Targeted Protein Degradation - E3 Ligase Biology Group Leader
How has Amgen incorporated diversity, inclusion and belonging into the culture of the company?
Amgen has a number of Employee Resource Groups, as well as a social media platform called Yammer that is available to you, that you can join and you're able to be and express your authentic selves. Further, the company is actively engaged in diversifying their clinical trials and diversifying their supplier base. In addition, the company is increasing its engagement with historically black colleges and universities. Following the George Floyd incident, Bob Bradway, our CEO, put out a very strong statement against racial injustice and this has permeated through all levels of the company and has been followed up by action. Increased funding for causes that are tackling this issue right now in society, increased training of staff through DI&B initiatives over a multi-year period; these are things, to me, that tell me that the company takes DI&B seriously and these are things, to me, that tell me that DI&B is deeply ingrained in the culture of the company and that level of engagement is going to grow over time.
Senior Scientist HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us. Principal Scientist - Targeted Protein Degradation - E3 Ligase Biology Group Leader Live What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of Amgen's Induced Proximity Platform (IPP) team. We are seeking a collaborative Principal Scientist to lead our E3 ubiquitin ligase biology group in Thousand Oaks, California.
The IPP is charged with developing Amgen's newest drug modality aimed at Targeted Protein Degradation, including discovery of PROTACs and molecular GLUEs.
The Principal Scientist will be a key strategic partner in the IPP responsible for coordinating cross-functional activities.
Win What we expect of you
- Responsible for building a multidisciplinary team to support early discovery of Targeted Protein Degradation drugs, including the characterization of E3 ubiquitin ligases.
- The ideal candidate will have broad laboratory training, deep scientific curiosity and a positive approach to working in a team-based research environment along with a track record of creative problem-solving and enthusiasm for taking on difficult research challenges.
- Individuals with deep understanding of ubiquitin ligases are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is an ambitious leader with these qualifications.
Doctorate Degree Preferred qualifications
What you can expect of us
- Demonstrated ability to lead an independent group of scientists
- Broad knowledge of protein degradation and E3 ubiquitin ligase biology with demonstrated independent research eminence through first and senior author publications in top journals
- Specific expertise and a record of publication in the biology and biochemistry of E3 ubiquitin ligases.
- Research experience with biochemical, biophysical, molecular and cellular techniques, including enzyme and cell assay development, characterization of protein modification and turnover, and mechanistic studies of enzymes
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated scientific analysis and problem-solving skills as evidenced in peer review publications.
- Desire to be a team player in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Experience in drug discovery, particularly in regard to Targeted Protein Degradation strategies
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us. careers.amgen.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Special Advisory:
Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. If you have been the victim of such a scam, please report it to https://www.ic3.gov/ .
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.