Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Environmental Scientist/Engineer
with 4-8 years of environmental experience to join Texas office (Austin location optimal) and become an integral member of our technical team. Key responsibilities will include providing field and office support on various projects for existing and new environmental/industrial/government clients. Wood is a multi-disciplined consulting organization primarily consisting of environmental scientists and engineers with offices throughout the United States.
Wood is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The qualified personnel can look forward to projects including environmental site assessments (ESAs), remedial investigations, groundwater monitoring programs, and environmental compliance.
This person will be a member of a team providing primarily site investigation and remediation services to private industry and government clients. This position will support a wide variety of projects that include investigations, due diligence, environmental remediation, and environmental compliance. Some of the responsibilities of this position will include:
Skills / Qualifications
- Perform soil/groundwater investigations, including soil and groundwater sampling and monitor well installation
- Coordinating and leading environmental field and office tasks
- Perform complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved technologies and procedures
- Assist with data assessment and report preparation, including APARs, RAERs, ESAs, etc.
- Adherence to health and safety plans, work plans, and other project guidance documents
- Participate in reporting activities at hazardous waste sites
- Perform Due Diligence (Phase I/II) Environmental Site Assessments
- Mentor junior staff and be a team player
- Bachelors degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or related field
- Experience leading low flow groundwater sampling and soil sampling
- Experience overseeing subcontractors
- Experience with TRRP and CERCLA
- Computer proficient (must have proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong written. Verbal, and inter-personal skills
- Good team building skills and ability to lead by influence
- Good time-management skills. Ability to focus and attention to detail
- Must be organized and able to communicate clearly
- Team player and technical contributor
- Able to operate within scope, schedule and budget during project implementation
- Bachelors degree in Geology
- State of Texas Geoscientist-in-Training
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER certification
- 8-hr Supervisor training
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the worlds most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.comDiversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.