Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
The role of the Head of Americas Power and Renewables Consulting in the Energy Transition Practice requires a combination of entrepreneurial spirit, inclusive leadership and collaborative traits, consulting skills, project management skills, network and name recognition in the sector to generate and deliver sustainable business growth and wider responsibility to develop nurture and grow of the regional consulting team. The role holder will be responsible for the strategy and growth of the Power and Renewables work in the Energy Transition consulting practice, developing, and managing the relationship with key clients, and being responsible for its sales and commercial success in the region. The role is high-profile both internally and externally, given the importance of this region and practice to the firm and influential in Wood Mackenzie achieving its goals globally. The role holder will be trusted member of the wider leadership team responsible for driving strategy and growth of the overall Energy Transition Practice.Main Responsibilities
Business Development and Growth
People and Thought Leadership
- Retain and grow Power and Renewables consulting revenues as well as improving the profitability of Wood Mackenzie consulting engagements and multi-client studies
- Influence the direction of the Power and Renewables consulting practice to shape the type of work that will provide sustainable growth while building a practice that nurtures growth of the team
- Responsibly and pro-actively develop, through high-level of client interaction, networks and inter-personal relationships that lead to a deep understanding of clients' needs, a solid, repeatable consulting pipeline of opportunities, while also capitalizing on the already broad network of trusted relationships you will bring to Wood Mackenzie
- Support the targeting, prioritization, and engagement of clients in Americas to develop a platform for the broader Energy Transition consulting in line with the direction in which you want to take the practice
- Promote business development best practices across the Global Energy Transition consulting group
- Work with, and coach, project managers to frame, scope and write winning pitches
- Provide vision, coaching, support, and direction to the consulting team and the wider set of stakeholders, such as research and sales, to build a cohesive and collaborative cross-functional team that will be motivated to serve Wood Mackenzie clients and help deliver business growth
- Build a people culture that promotes Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging
- Build and maintain the appropriate internal network (across consulting, research and client management) to deliver the best possible outcomes for both Wood Mackenzie and its clients
- Motivate, train, and develop staff, improving our understanding of the challenges faced by our key clients
- Generate innovative ideas and approaches to industry issues, both within specific assignments and to the research and consulting practice, focusing on power, renewables and energy transition and its role within the global industry
- Together with other stakeholders, support the enhancing of Wood Mackenzie's reputation and standing within the power, renewables, and energy transition sectors by authoring though provoking insights, articles and/or white papers on topics that move forward the discourse in the sector
- Encourage, coach and work with consulting team to help them contribute to or author thought pieces
- Work closely with the global Energy Transition practice group to promote best practice in our existing offerings and take a key role in the future development of the consulting offering
- Conceptualize, support and drive Americas Power, Renewables and Energy Transition consulting strategy
- Recruit, build, grow and manage the Americas Power, Renewables and Energy Transition consulting team
- Collaborate closely with research teams and ensure consistent and good working relationships exist, providing a mentoring role for research and sales & account management colleagues who have a different reporting line
- Work closely with the other regional and global sector leads to ensure alignment of the consulting practice regarding existing and planned commitments
- Ensure proactive and responsible control of project pipeline and proper resource management
- Ensure development of consulting skills and processes across team such that teams skills are continually broadened and deepened
- Actively participate in client mandates working with team and clients to ensure high quality and insightful results for both Power, Renewables and Energy Transition research and consulting
- Improve operational process for life cycle of consulting assignments and ensure processes are embedded across broader research and consulting team members
- Ensure commitments to client can be met and that pitching activity is aligned with business strategy and adequate to achieve revenue goals
- Manage client expectations
The Head of Power and Renewables Consulting in Energy Transition Practice role is highly commercial combining entrepreneurial, inter-personal, relationship and business development skills, analytical rigor and emotional intelligence, acute problem solving and the skills to motivate and guide a team of talented consultants. The individual will excel at nurturing client and inter-personal relationships and ensuring quality solutions that endeavour to exceed our client's expectations. Candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and abilities will excel in this role:
- An intellectual curiosity, dependability and drive to explore and address our client's challenges that often require innovative solution frameworks
- A focus on power and renewables sector and a thorough understanding of the energy transition trends and drivers that are shaping the Energy industry, particularly its commercial aspects
- Deep knowledge in the power and renewables sector gained through consulting, advisory, commercial or management experiences.
- A service mind-set and the ability to build relationships with senior decision makers.
- Superior people management, enthusiasm, and leadership skills in order to hone and utilise diverse talents within our team. Motivating our team through example is ideal - in terms of intellectual drive and curiosity, service excellence and a focus on work-life balance.
- Experience within consulting with a strong knowledge of consulting processes is important as well as a proven track record of growing business within the energy/consulting space.
- Inclusive, collaborative and supportive approach
- Intellectual curiosity
- Coaching, guiding, leading, and motivating
- Open mindset
- Relationship development
- Client focussed
- Continuous improvement
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses' government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.