Head of Bioinformatics/Computational Biology
Translational Sciences South San Francisco, California
CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to changing the treatment of cancer with our novel Probody® therapeutic platform. Our commitment to transforming lives with safer, more effective therapies is driven by our curiosity and passion for innovation and our belief that by acting with integrity in an honest, respectful, ethical manner, we have the power to change lives. Our workplace embodies collaboration, open communication, celebrating our successes, and holding each other to the highest possible standards. CytomX has a broad pipeline, including 4 clinical-stage programs and others in development and is located in South San Francisco, California, the birthplace of biotechnology. Learn more at www.cytomX.com . Reporting Relationship:
Reports to the Vice President, Head of Development Sciences The Opportunity:
Development Sciences at CytomX has been established to bridge the research findings at the Discovery and Development levels within each of our clinical programs. In collaboration with academic, clinical and industry scientists, this group develops knowledge around each of our existing programs to enable clinical evaluation of target modulation, biological changes that correlate with target modulation, as well as biomarkers or patient characteristics that could be utilized to predict response to therapy. The results are used to enrich and refine the Development program strategy as well as inform and guide future Discovery efforts.
The Development Sciences department at CytomX is seeking an individual to lead the Bioinformatics/Computational Biology group in support of drug discovery and clinical development, using computational approaches to address complex biological questions.
CytomX is focused on developing therapies for cancer, and the individual will lead translational approaches that enable human clinical studies. We are looking for a highly motivated scientist to work in a collaborative environment focused on pushing the boundaries of science in the context of making new medicines based on our protease biology platform.
The Head of Bioinformatics/Computational Biology will lead a team of bioinformaticians/data scientists dedicated to delivering translational and biomarker strategies for the CytomX portfolio of oncology/ImmunoOncology programs. The Head will bring deep scientific experience with emphasis on oncology/ImmunoOncology biomarkers, in depth knowledge of oncology, & clinical development perspective, and expertise in matrix-based management. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a vision and strategy to guide bioninformatics/computational biology efforts for patient prediction and diagnostic discovery in support of Oncology drug development and translational research efforts. He/she will be responsible for working closely with oncology research and core function stakeholders to guide our scientific efforts and support our oncology drug development pipeline. The successful candidate for this position will also be responsible for bioinformatics analysis utilizing large scale datasets in support of translational medicine goals for drug programs across the CytomX portfolio. The successful candidate will contribute to the translational and precision medicine strategies to set goals and enumerate key methodologies and technologies that will generate data analysis results that drive clinical development decision-making. Professional Responsibilities:
- Lead and continue to build a team within the Computational Biology group focused on advancing therapeutic discovery programs from target validation through to clinical development. Lead the Bioinformatics function and independently develop and drive decision-enabling computational strategies that advance program goals
- Collaborate with colleagues Clinical Development, Translational Medicine, Diagnostic Development, and Development Sciences to support translational and biomarker hypotheses for evaluation in the preclinical and clinical programs.
- Work together with discovery teams to support evaluation of hypotheses about target biology critical to advancing target validation and drug discovery efforts.
- Evaluate and develop novel methods and technologies (e.g., artificial intelligence algorithms, neural networks/deep learning techniques) and/or initiate external collaborations to enhance translational research capabilities within CytomX
- Guide the group in applying best in class methods to analyze "omics" data sets to test critical hypotheses in drug discovery and clinical development programs. Leverage omic data sets, clinical data and computational approaches to support and guide clinical development programs as well as harness these analysis to enable ongoing target discovery efforts
- Function as a scientific thought leader within Translational Sciences and the wider organization. Represent the group in discussions with external collaborators as appropriate.
- Utilize computational biology methods to integrate, analyze and visualize results with data sets obtained from a variety of translational platforms
- Accountability for high quality data review, analysis, and interpretation from a variety of sources.
- Mentoring bioinformaticians/data scientists and colleagues in Development Sciences from technical and procedural perspectives to ensure the sustainability of the bioinformatics capability
- Able to prioritize the use of resources to deliver department objectives
- Present clear and succinct proposals and/or updates to Sr Leadership
- Play an active role in the evaluation of new technologies
- PhD in Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or a related field with at least seven years of experience post-PhD
- Strong record of achievement, either through publications or successful industry achievements
- Deep understanding of disease biology in one or more therapeutic areas
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply new tools for the integrative analysis and visualization of multi-dimensional datasets
- Experience managing teams and individuals
- Exceptional communication and cross-functional leadership skills with a strong track record of collaboration with computational scientists, biologists, and clinicians
- Broad understanding and familiarity with functional genomics
- Understanding and expertise in human genetics
- Experience in industry drug discovery is strongly preferred, including exposure to small and/or large molecule therapeutics and other drug modalities
- Demonstrate a commitment to CytomX values of Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, Teamwork, Accountability, and Fun
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
You have been redirected to a CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. job page