Great that you're thinking about a career with BSI!About the role:
Are you a Microbiologist, Sterilization Engineer, or Quality Manager looking for an interesting career change?
BSI hires qualified and experienced industry microbiologists to help clients navigate the areas of compliance within the areas of sterilization, packaging and microbiological testing outlined under ISO 13485. In this role you will have the opportunity to apply your sterile medical device experience to impact patient safety and help determine which new products go to market.
This is a full-time position for a mid to senior-level professional with competitive salary, annual bonus, and great benefits.
This role is home-based with 60-80% travel to client sites (once COVID-19 restrictions lift) so candidates must be located near a major airport. We are currently only considering candidates on the West Coast of the United States.Technical Specialist Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, reporting and performing of audits of clients' management systems ensuring compliance with regulatory and voluntary requirements.
- Conduct comprehensive in-depth medical device reviews (including sterilization validation).
- Make recommendation whether to issue a certificate, based on objective evidence that the device is safe and effective.
The Technical Specialist - Microbiology role requires maturity to make difficult decisions regarding the benefits and risks of medical device products and whether to recommend certification. The individual must be able to clearly and confidently communicate with clients. Please carefully review the qualifications listed below and apply if you meet the criteria.Education/Qualifications:
What we offer:
- A minimum of four (4) years' experience working as a microbiologist and/or sterilization engineer for asterile medical device manufacturer (REQUIRED)
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Microbiology, Biology or related scientific degree (REQUIRED)
- Thorough knowledge of ISO 13485 quality standard and familiarity with Medical Devices Directive (MDD)/EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- Ability to travel 60-80% via car and plane (when COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted)
- ISO 13485 Lead Auditor preferred
- Quality management experience including significant participation in third party quality audits
BSI offers a competitive salary, group-sponsored health and dental, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, company paid life insurance, 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off. #LI-BSIKB
Our Excellence Behaviours: Client-centric, Agile, Collaborative. These three behaviours represent how we do things at BSI. They help us ensure that BSI is a great place to work and a highly successful business.
BSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity.
BSI is conducting face-to-face interviews where appropriate and possible. If you are invited to a face-to-face interview but feel more comfortable with conducting the interview virtually, please speak to a member of our recruitment team.Category
Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including HealthEducation
4 yearsJob type