The EHS Manager will work with Sr. Director, EHS and site Operations teams to continuously improve the operating company EHSS programs. Ensure compliance, and implementation of best management practices regarding machinery safety, LOTO, and contractor safety management. Ensure effective change management, and review new equipment for potential hazards. The position will also have other general EHS project management duties as assigned. There is an estimated 90% safety and physical security/10% environmental focus for this role. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure site goals and objectives are developed and tracked throughout the year, conduct regular performance appraisals with team members
- Perform relevant site EHS training
- Provide technical EHSS support and guidance to facility management
- Lead incident investigation process/ensure appropriate corrective actions to eliminate incident recurrence
- Oversee operating company change management program to ensure that incoming equipment is safe from machine guarding, LOTO, and other relevant hazards
- Develop relevant EHSS training and ensure facility training is conducted via train-the-trainer sessions
- Lead site implementation of the site's strategic EHSS plans with corporate EHS
- Serve as primary contact and liaison for regulatory agencies
- Oversee EHSS related projects and maintain records for inspections and audits
- Manage site stormwater permitting actions- regular inspections, monitoring/reporting
- Ensure that discharges and releases into the air, stormwater, and landfills meet all regulations, codes and permit requirements
- Maintain electronic environmental sustainability data in FBHS' environmental health and safety database
- Monitor facility waste streams and their associated cost - implement corrective action as needed
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends, safety legislation and ensures compliance
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of 3 years EHS management experience in general/heavy industrial environment
- Ability to prioritize continuous improvement focus for the site EHSS (environmental, health, safety, security) programs based on organizational maturity models
- Experience designing, writing, implementing EHS policies and programs
- Schedules and performs all relevant site EHS training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Dedicated and committed EHS leadership and presence.
- Environmental experience- maintain site stormwater compliance
- BS/Masters Degree in occupational health & safety, engineering, environmental sciences, or a related field with significant EHSS experience.
- ASP/CSP, PE in environmental engineering or related field, Registered Environmental Manager/Registered Environmental Professional certification are also desirable