Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for an Environmental Leader
at our Foley Cellulose Operation
in Perry, Florida.
Foley Cellulose LLC is a world-class manufacturing facility where team members use innovative technologies to produce specialty and market fluff pulp for a variety of high-end uses across the globe. Our Foley facility is one of six mills in the GP Cellulose business. GP Cellulose is a leading producer of high-quality dissolving and fluff pulps, meeting the needs of the personal hygiene industry and disposable absorbent products manufacturers around the globe. We create real, long-term value in our business by anticipating our customers' needs and working with them closely to help them achieve their business goals. GP Cellulose is committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process. To learn more about GP Cellulose, please watch the video here .
Perry, Florida is approximately 50 miles outside of Tallahassee - Florida's state capitol and home to Florida State and Florida A&M Universities! You also are within a short driving distance of several beautiful sand beaches of the Gulf Coast and can venture out to St. George's Island for some fresh seafood and boating!
The Environmental Leader will be responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the facility's environmental compliance programs and management systems. This position will lead a team of professionals and work closely with environmental professionals across the organization to leverage best practices and knowledge to drive the highest value for the company. The role will also help ensure that the site conforms to company policies and procedures, such as Georgia Pacific's Environmental Performance Standards.
The Facility Environmental Leader must be able to embrace and lead change, possess strong interpersonal skills, and efficiently balance multiple priorities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also lead by example, be self-motivated, possess strong analytical skills, exhibit sound decision-making, and have proficient organizational skills.
This position reports directly to the Vice President and General Manager in Perry, Florida.What You Will Do In Your Role
The Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction consistent with our Stewardship & Compliance Principle to achieve our Vision
- Develop and maintain an evergreen point of view of environmental risks, priorities, key issues, and strategic plans
- Ensure that an Environmental Management System (EMS) is in place consistent with GP expectations
- Fulfil regulatory compliance obligations in a disciplined manner that leverages technology enablers, common processes, and best practices from across the enterprise
- Systematically drive the environmental program to be more resilient, effective, consistent, verifiable, and efficient (structured and principled vs rule based)
- Apply expertise, judgment, and clear communication to enable our operations teams to meet their environmental obligations
- Develop the environmental talent, skills, and knowledge of our teams
- Eliminate silos with other Georgia-Pacific facilities to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Build solid working relationships with external stakeholders including regulatory agencies and represent the company during agency inspections
- Collaborate with local and divisional leadership teams, public relations, and other capabilities on issues that affect our communities and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of mill processes and their impact on environmental performance
- Develop, implement, and improve training systems to meet facility needs
- GP Performance Standard Owner
- Lead environmental incident investigations, mitigation, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
- Analyze incident and compliance trend data and work with operations teams to reduce risk
- Identify cost effective solutions for technical and regulatory environmental issues
- Lead robust change management process that includes permitting and implementing new regulatory obligations
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Science, or a related field (e.g., Pulp and Paper)
- Five (5+) years of environmental compliance experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
This role is not eligible for Sponsorship
- Experience managing environmental obligations in a heavy industrial setting
- Pulp and Paper process knowledge or manufacturing experience
- Experience conducting facility audits or inspections to identify improvement areas
- Experience leading projects, people, and/or teams
- Experience analyzing process or environmental data trends
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf