is a Business Unit of Limagrain
, an international agricultural co-operative founded and managed by farmers. HM.CLAUSE
specializes in the breeding, production, and sale of vegetable seeds. From the world market to the farmer's market, we collaborate with our customers to deliver successful solutions for the agricultural challenges of today and produce the highest quality vegetable seeds for the future. Our global team of experts and state-of-the-art research facilities enable us to work side-by-side with growers to provide the most regionally relevant and reliable vegetable seeds available.
Conduct Germination/Physical Purity Testing Following AOSA (Association of Official Seed Analyst) and HM Clause protocols in Seed lab with some cross-training in Greenhouse facilities.
Carry out germination testing and physical purity analyses following established testing protocols, including planting and evaluation of germination samples, conducting physical purity and noxious weed seed examinations, monitoring all aspects of the test that could affect results, and all supporting activities.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct Germination Testing Following AOSA and HM.CLAUSE protocols (Lab).
- Prepare media for testing (towels, blotters, AA, Thermogradient, etc.) following specific written procedures.
- Conduct seed germination testing using vacuum planting system or manually and perform seedling evaluations.
- Plant and maintain test seedlings under controlled environment.
- Utilize data entry LIMS system, file daily samples and pull samples as needed.
- Conduct physical purity analysis and noxious weed seed examinations following HM.CLAUSE Protocols and AOSA Rules.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely, efficient, safe and effective manner.
- Monitor all aspects that could affect test results, maintaining laboratories in a clean, safe and organized manner.
- Cross-train in conducting germination testing following HM.CLAUSE protocols in both seed lab and greenhouse setting.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in germination testing is highly desirable.
- B.S. Degree in Biological Science, Botany, Agriculture, or equivalent experience is preferred.
This position requires an individual with excellent interpersonal skills, as they will be part of a team.
Technical Skills - Basic math skills (including percent computations) and demonstrated ability to follow technical written protocols.
Attention to detail and ability to manage multitask consistently and accurately is required.
Good lab practices, basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook), and written and verbal communication is a necessity for this position.
Able to perform job responsibilities and testing activities accurately, efficiently, and in a safe manner.
Able to comply with all safety rules and guidelines. Able to work in both seed lab and greenhouse environments.