For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
The EHS Specialist assures that all units are properly equipped and that personnel within each unit are trained and supervised to perform their duties safely. In addition, the incumbent will direct usage, services, and maintenance of office space and laboratory facilities.
• Coordinate the environmental, health, and safety (EHS) efforts and communications at Rockville sites.
• Implement benchmark assessment ensuring proper controls (engineering, administrative, and personal protective equipment (PPE)) are developed, implemented, and maintained to protect the staff and the environment from workplace hazards.
• Implement safety policy, procedures, and manuals.
• Ensure compliance and reporting to federal, state, and local municipalities; maintain records of all agency filings.
• Conduct safety training, and maintain safety training records.
• Coordinate emergency evacuation procedure, chemical inventory, equipment system, building access cards, Work Orders, incident reporting/investigation procedure, emergency response, medical surveillance, exposure control plan, chemical hygiene plan, hazards communications, waste management, personal protective equipment (PPE), safety inspections, regulatory audits, etc.
• Implement effort to provide the necessary office/desk area as per staff planning efforts.
• Assure that all units are properly equipped and that personnel within each unit are trained and supervised to perform duties safely.
• Coordinate service maintenance agreements and custodial contract to ensure facilities are equipped, kept up to standard, and functional.
• Organize equipment relocation or disposal.
• Other responsibilities as needed.
• B.S. in chemistry or biology or related sciences with 2 years or more related experience.
• Experience in a biotechnological environment required.
• OSHA 10/30 - General Industry required.
• Experience with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), current Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) is a plus.
• Microsoft Office experience preferred, including SharePoint.
• Travel between sites in the Rockville area.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.