The Travis County Environmental Program is searching for a highly motivated, creative, and enthusiastic project manager to assist with the development and management of a Community Resiliency Program for the residents of Travis County. Persons applying for this position should have the desire to lead a team dedicated to assisting the diverse Travis County community with being more climate aware and prepared for the impacts of climate change.
The Community Resiliency Project Manager will be responsible for leading efforts to address climate change at the community/county level. This includes overseeing the development of a greenhouse gas emissions inventory, the development of a community level Climate Action Plan for Travis County and the creation and implementation of an education outreach campaign with an equity lens.
Other duties that this position entails include:
* Resiliency research and planning.
* Managing interlocal agreements regarding climate action with surrounding communities and cities.
* Managing contracts for climate and resiliency efforts, vulnerability assessment.
* Developing and overseeing carbon sequestration projects including tree mitigation and farming/food related projects.
* Serving as the "go to" expert for climate related issues and initiatives.
* Prepares and conducts presentations to community groups, local agencies and organizations, the Commissioners Court, policy makers and other stakeholders.
* Represents the County by serving on or participating in task forces, working groups, committees, advisory groups, emergency functions, and neighborhood groups.