Aerosol / Micro-Biology ScientistJob Description
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may c ontact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it's not just what we do, it's who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers' needs. It's what inspires us to create meaningful solutions - the kind that make a real difference - when it matters most.
The world and our customers' needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That's why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs. In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips' purpose has never been more relevant. So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you'll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
To provide an innovative input into the company's technology, innovation and research in the Philips Centre of Excellence for Aerosol Science. Provide product information to improve development to market Philips products. Assist in the development of the Company as a recognized leader of high quality innovative drug delivery technology and customer service. You are responsible for
You are part of
- Perform general Aerosol testing & studies in a Biological Safety Level category II laboratory.
- Perform routine HPLC analysis and aerosol testing of medical devices, including particle sizing (by laser diffraction and cascade impaction), drug dose analysis and solution characterization (physicochemical properties).
- Provide specialist knowledge and support to other team members and Engineering Department.
- Assist other research and development staff in the development of new intellectual property.
- Perform experimental work in a safe manner in compliance with current legislation and Philips EHS rules and guidelines
- To be responsible for designated equipment to ensure that it is maintained in working condition.
- To plan, perform and co-ordinate the routine testing of products, in conjunction with the product project groups
- Record and report all experimental data and methods as per laboratory SOPs.
- Generate laboratory SOP's and WI's as required.
- Ensure training records and Internal Training Database (TEDs) are kept up to date.
- Support junior staff with complying with quality guidelines and systems.
- Undertake other tasks as specified from time to time to assist the Company in meeting its technical and commercial objectives.
- Ensure compliance with the Company quality guidelines, procedures, and processes.
- Problem-solving capability.
- Basic theoretical knowledge of a part of the relevant landscape.
- Undertake other tasks as specified from time-to-time by Manager.
The Connected Care (CC) Business is a global health technology leader in Hospital Patient Monitoring, Emergency Care, Sleep and Respiratory Care, EMR & Care Management, Ambulatory Patient Monitoring and Clinical Data Services. By advancing connected care, we seamlessly connect patients and caregivers across care settings, delivering clinical, operational and therapeutic solutions that improve health outcomes, patient and staff experience and lower costs. To succeed in this role, you'll need a customer-first attitude and the following
In return, we offer you
- BSc Degree in Chemistry, Biological/Microbiological related discipline, MS preferred.
- Broad knowledge of Aerosol & microbiological methods, and related industry standards & guidances.
- Familiar with the use of the Aerosol Test Equipment and Lab Instruments such as HPLC, cascade impaction and laser diffraction instruments, spectrophotometers, etc., to develop and validate assays/methods.
- 1+ year of HPLC analysis and instrumentation experience, including method development, assay transfer, validation, supervision of routine testing and instrument maintenance.
- Experience with sample preparation/extraction/ separation techniques for routine analyses, analytical chemistry, and instrumentation analysis - e.g. HPLC, spectroscopic techniques.
- Laboratory equipment qualification, maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting.
- Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting common scientific and technical journals/literature, scientific procedures and regulatory guidelines and writing technical reports.
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills to Interpret available data and recommend strategies to resolve technical challenges.
- High standard of laboratory work and reporting.
- Able to work efficiently and with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in generating, handling and analyzing data.
- Experience working in a Quality Management System.
- Understanding of GLP and other quality systems requirements.
- Understanding/Experience with ISO 17025 Lab Accreditation Process.
- Deep working knowledge of GMP standards.
- Working knowledge with laboratory CDC & OSHA and risk assessments.
- Solid understanding of scientific principles.
- Good time management.
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. For this position, you will reside in or
within commuting distance to Pittsburgh, PA.How we work at Philips
There are three core ways that define our ways of working - embracing flexibility, being at our best, and impactful collaboration . We believe this enables us to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers and create the best place to work for people who share our passion.
We know just how important direct interactions are and work is more engaging when we are more frequently face-to-face, and that we experience better collaboration which drives innovation. While we have many different types of roles across Philips most require a combination of in-person collaboration with colleagues and partners, usually at a Philips location, and individual focus time, which can be done remotely.Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it's like working at Philips , read stories from our employee blog , find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
#LI-PH1Contact If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.