Our work at Hach ensures water quality for people around the world. Our customer partnerships, passionate experts, and reliable, easy-to-use solutions make water analysis better-faster, simpler, greener, and more informative. As a member of our team, you'll get to make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within industries from aviation to manufacturing to mining. You'll also be part of an environment that fosters career growth and professional development, with kindness at its core. And you'll be part of our mission, which drives us to develop water quality solutions that protect the health and safety of all living things.
Hach is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies. Motivated by the highest possible stakes of climate change and global health, we're working together within a rapidly digitizing industry to find innovative technologies that guarantee the safety of our water and our environment.
This is a fully remote position. Several locations have been listed for marketing purposes but only one position is available.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Global Technical Support will provide leadership and coordination of the EU & NA Technical Support Teams directionally aligned with the Service organization goals and objective. Always promoting and improving quality of service, customer uptime and employee development, this person will think globally while supporting the services and company strategy. Lead cross-functional collaboration across global teams and align with Service Leadership monthly. Join us, and exemplify a 'Customer First' demeanor to support, while fulfilling the Hach mission as a trusted partner!
This is an exciting time to be involved in strategic planning, and implement programs and processes to optimize our Support organization, and mentor the Support leaders of our future. Deliver operational metrics, Key Performance Indicators, and development plans to ensure proficiency in all Hach Water Quality products and applications.
Do you want to feel like you are making a difference every day and be a part of something bigger? At Danaher, we are improving quality of life around the world and making the world a better place!
- Manage cost center budget spending and department productivity
- Proactively support organizational change, problem resolution and continuous improvement, serving as a role model for innovation and transformation.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customers
- Handle customers' critical issues, exploring specific needs, resolving problems, and ensuring delivery in accordance with service strategies and timelines
- Manage, build, and deliver presentations to small and large audiences, including internal associates, external customers, and senior level leadership
- Collaborate closely between other internal organizations (Engineering, Sales, Product, etc.) and acting as management work with the customer
- Provide guidance, mentoring, training, and delegate responsibilities to managers enabling their professional growth and development
- Supervise customer incidents and monthly metrics to continuously improve customer satisfaction and ensure that department goals are achieved
- Determine appropriate staffing schedule for all shifts
- Work closely with Senior Director of Technical Support to ensure that support desk coverage is at an adequate level to account for end of quarter, peak demands, growth, etc.
- Drive for partner and associate engagement across peers and senior management
- Recruit, mentor, supervise, and appraise associate and frontline leader performance using Danaher Development for Growth and Performance for Growth tools
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, related field, or equivalent experience. Preference for a graduate degree
- Strong people management expertise of at least 4 - 5+ years in Service/Support management roles in a global environment
- Proven track record working and strategizing with lean concepts, and a vision for continuous improvement
- Basic knowledge of customer support processes (i.e., pricing, returns, delivery, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Oracle Service Cloud, SFDC, and Microsoft Office, graphics, etc.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
The salary range for this role is $120,000 - 135,000. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.