Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager with a pharmaceutical company located in West Lafayette, IN.
- Ensure that the site complies with all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements (e.g., OSHA, EPA).
- Participate in Global EHS meetings to ensure consistent compliance among all sites
- Lead site audits and risk assessment activities, and implement corrective action promptly to ensure regulatory and corporate compliance.
- Work with site operations leaders to establish and maintain safety training programs in all applicable areas. Assure training is appropriately documented, regularly reviewed to assure compliance and timeliness, and maintain appropriate written records/ documentation of such training being conducted and reinforced.
- Review current and proposed safety, health and environmental regulations, standards and guidance for impact at the site.
- Perform occupational exposure band assessments for all new compounds submitted for testing at the site.
- Ensure regular testing and inspecting of safety equipment such as eyewashes, showers, fire alarms and extinguishers, etc.
- Oversee hazardous waste program to ensure waste is being disposed of according to all local, state, and federal regulations. Record necessary information and submit all required reports and fees associated with hazardous waste disposal.
- Ensure comprehensive employee and contractor safety orientation is conducted.
Skills and Requirements:
- S. in EH&S, Chemistry, or closely related field or appropriate industrial experience
- 3+ years prior relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and other relevant regulations
- Previous supervisory experience
- OSHA certification
- Hazardous waste management training
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Bri Copeland at 267-297-3280. ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.