KONE, founded in 1910, is one of the largest, award-winning elevator companies in the world and our offering for employees is as competitive as our offering for customers. Not only do we provide highly competitive salaries, company vehicles for specific roles, and world-class benefits for our salaried employees - we also pride ourselves on our culture and principles. Innovation, sustainability, collaboration and ethical business practices are just some of the pillars that we use to define our own success. Come join our family in KONE Americas to be a part of something big! Environment Health & Safety Manager (EHS)
provides technical support and oversight in focused environment, health and safety areas. EHS Manager is the unit management representative for safety and main link to KONE global safety team. Drives continuous improvement of safety performance and supports global/area/unit leadership teams in implementing, maintaining and continually improving the KONE Way for Safety
- Serve as a professional / technical liaison to assigned KONE business units and branches. Ensure employee risk is communicated to branch management along with alternatives for managing / minimizing risk.
- Inspect and audit EHS compliance across Americas for all vertical operations through coordination with business unit EHS Directors and operational teams.
- Ensure use of and continually improve safety risk management processes, tools and practices. Support or lead EHS related change management projects and initiatives.
- Produce safety data, ensure accuracy and develop indicators. Evaluate and report performance. Monitor legal and business environment development in safety, identify and initiate actions. Perform and manage safety audits to verify compliance, identify uncontrolled risks and deviations. Assist line management in safety audits/visits and continually improve the auditing process. Set safety targets, goals and plan with unit leadership and global safety function. Drive corrective and preventive actions for continual improvement of safety
- Ensure the development and maintenance of EHS competences in the unit. Establish, maintain and improve safety communication processes, programs, and materials. Represent KONE to external stakeholders in safety matters under the direction of the unit head.
- Provide technical and training assistance as required by branch/regional management.
- Working knowledge of industrial hygiene practices.
- Working knowledge of Environmental practices.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in relevant field.
- 5+ years of working experience in safety, preferably in industrial sector.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills Fluent in English and unit language
- Knowledge of business unit specific Federal, State, Provincial Environment (EPA), Health and Safety (OSHA) regulations.
- Presentation and negotiation skills, technical training ability, detail oriented
- Problem solving, incident management, auditing and analysis skills
- Ability to work well in digital and mobile environment
- Project and change management experience
- Technological understanding
* Applicant must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers