Join Takeda as a Environmental Health Safety Specialist II where you will improve the EHS programs assigned to ensure compliance with the latest OSHA/EPA/DEP regulations, best practices or corporate standards. You will also work with other Takeda departments and improve data integrity and compile metrics for internal or corporate reporting. As part of the EHS team, you will report to one of the EHS manager and work with different departments within the Lexington and Alewife value streams.How you will contribute:
What you bring to Takeda:
- You will help leverage the EHS Management of Change Process with Engineering, Facilities, Labs and Manufacturing to capture changes within the business, provide direction regarding environmental health and safety programs and compliance requirements
- You will ensure that all EHS related incidents are reported and investigated to determine causes.
- You will establish and implement corrective actions and make recommendations for areas needing improvement.
- You will develop and provide EHS training to affected Takeda personnel following regulations and Takeda standards and procedures
- You will develop and implement multiple EHS programs across all disciplines of environment, health and safety.
- You will help with internal audit inspections related the EHS program requirement
- You will gather and manage data related to the EHS programs working with other Takeda departments, consultants, and contractors: assemble and analyze the data for report delivery to State or Federal agencies
What Takeda can offer you:
- BS/BA in technical discipline: Engineering, safety, industrial hygiene, environmental studies, life sciences or similar field
- 3 or more years' experience in the EHS field
- Experience in Pharmaceutical manufacturing / laboratories or other other regulated industry
- Experience with management systems, LEAN, Six Sigma methodology
- Knowledgeable in local, state and federal regulatory requirements and proposed regulatory or legislative changes at all levels
More about us:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. This job posting excludes CO applicants. #GMSGQ
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
USA - MA - Lexington - BIO OPSWorker Type