Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our Environmental Group is looking for a Field Technician
to assist with the investigation, remediation and reporting of environmental remediation projects. This position will be based out of the Indianapolis, Indiana office. In this role your responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Field oversight of remedial construction including soil excavations, air sparging systems, treatment chemical injections for soil and groundwater remediation.
- Environmental sampling of soil, groundwater and air.
- Documentation of all work in field notes, forms and electronic records.
- Perform a wide variety of field duties for both routine/scheduled and emergency environmental projects to include: inspection, maintenance, monitoring, construction oversight, air monitoring, and sampling efforts at the project sites.
- Operation, Maintenance and Monitoring of environmental remediation systems such as groundwater pump and treatment systems of varying complexity.
- BS or BA in Geology or natural resource field (such as engineering, chemistry, biology, earth sciences, environmental sciences)
- 0 to 5 years of environmental field experience
- Ability and willingness to travel and perform field work 80-100% of the time (this will include working outdoors in adverse weather conditions)
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail along with strong organizational skills
- Strong problem solving abilities and aptitude
- Positive attitude; good interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with control systems for treatment equipment (i.e. SCADA/PLC/HMI) is a plus
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.