Contract: 1 Year (Renewable)
Max Pay rate $32/hour
Job ID: 41328
$1000 sign on bonus after 60 days on assignment.
Onsite, must be local
The Scientist I is responsible for the coordination and shipment of pre-launch samples for the Beta Testing program linked to our New Dye launches. As part of this program, The Associate will have responsibilities for both R&D and Marketing. The Associate will also be contributing to development of New Dye products and the associated documentation. The ability to execute scientific experiments of moderate scope is key. The successful candidate is expected to set up and execute these experiments, be detail oriented, skilled at data analysis and trouble shooting and will be accountable for preparing and presenting data. The Scientist I will prioritize daily workload and work with some supervision.RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Routine, preparation of pre-launch, new-dye samples and shipment to customers according to demand/list provided by marketing.
- Development of systems to streamline the pre-launch sampling program, creation of inventory, tracking sheets, etc.
- Evaluate new dye candidates via flow-cytometry ranging from single color to mid-complexity panels.
- Analyze data using Flow-Jo, FCS express and Diva, and present that data to others.
- Expected under supervision to develop skills and exercise judgment in troubleshooting routine assigned test procedures and in recommending appropriate corrective actions.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements.
- Promotes a safe work environment. Participates in Environmental, Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Software: BD FACS Diva, FlowJo, FCS Express, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hands on experience: designing, performing, and analyzing flow cytometry experiments, preferably on BD flow cytometers (LSRII, LSR Fortessa, Canto, Aria).
- Effective interpersonal skills, must be able to work in a cross-functional team-oriented environment to achieve organizational goals.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to keep neat, accurate, and complete records.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in biology, immunology or related scientific discipline and a minimum of 1-2 years of laboratory experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $28.00 - $32.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Diego, CA 92121: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- lab: 1 year (Preferred)
- Flow cytometry: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location