Project Director, Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change (ID# 49754) San Francisco, CA Category:
Environmental Job Type:
Full Time Minimum Experience:
8-12 Required Education:
Be involved in projects with our Climate Resiliency and Sustainability Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client"s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP USA has an immediate opening for a Project Director to support the company"s growing Sustainability, Energy, and Climate Change offering. See wsp.com/advancingsustainability for a description of our team and capabilities.
The Project Director will lead client-facing teams in the design, implementation, and management of organizational resilience programs, with demonstrated capability in climate risk, resilience strategy, and disclosure in alignment with the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). The ideal candidate will have the flexibility and capacity to work on a variety of projects and the demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional teams. Candidates should be passionate about sustainability and resilience, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work products.
Location of the position is flexible, including San Francisco, CA, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, or any other WSP USA office location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading strategic client engagements around climate risk management, resilience strategy and TCFD disclosure
- Developing entity-wide, asset-level, and supply and value chain climate risk, resilience, and adaptive capacity assessments
- Designing climate risk management and resilience performance targets, metrics, and accompanying strategies and achievement plans
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities to reduce physical and transition risks and enhance sustainability and resilience across an enterprise and within communities
- Advising on TCFD alignment, implementation, scenario analysis, and methods to integrate climate considerations entity-wide
- Developing TCFD reports, disclosures, and other communications
- Managing business development activities with existing and prospective clients
Talent is the essence of meeting our client"s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we"d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- 8-12 years of professional experience in sustainability and/or management consulting
- Bachelor"s Degree Public Policy, Sustainability, Climate Change, Risk Management, Engineering, Energy, or a related environmental discipline
- Direct experience with TCFD alignment or implementation across a corporation or with a variety of corporate entities
- Previous corporate resilience consulting experience
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and use of programs including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP"s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP"s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Familiarity with sustainability frameworks such as SASB, CDP, SBTI, RE100, the GHG Protocol, and GRESB
- Ability to develop and present analyses using programs including Microsoft Excel, Access, and Power BI
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and platforms
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee"s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status. WSP USA
One Penn Plaza
250 W. 34th Street
New York, NY 10019