Hexion's Internship Program is an opportunity for students to bring their passion and educational experience to a global leader in specialty chemicals and an environment driven by our Core Values. These include:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Safety, Health and Environmental Stewardship
- Customer Centric
- Our People
- High Performance Team Work
Opportunities with Hexion are available in multiple disciplines providing students an unparalleled experience within a global corporation focused on building a better world. Hexion is powered by a spirit of innovation providing a unique program encouraging students to actively contribute to Hexions continuous development. Hexion provides challenging projects that not only provide broad exposure to the interns particular field of study, but encourage further development as an individual and a business professional. We strive to ensure that interns leave our program having gained knowledge and skills that cannot be taught in the classroom.Please Note: Relocation Assistance is not provided with this opportunityCountry
Environmental Health & SafetyCompany Overview
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.Company Distinction
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.Job Responsibilities
- Independently assess product compositions or chemical formulations to applicable regulations. Refers to supervisor for guidance.
- Understand hazards and properties of components to confirm appropriate Safety Data Sheet (SDS) classification
- Enter data per SDS requests and prepare SDS documents utilizing SAP EHS
- Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned
- Currently in undergraduate studies in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Regulatory Compliance, or Chemistry is required.
- Strong analytical skills as well as solid verbal and written communication skills is essential.
- Ability to work full-time for a semester
- Previous experience working within an EHS or regulatory compliance organization is preferred, but not essential.
- Ability to speak English is essential and fluency in additional languages is preferred.
Currently in undergraduate studies in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Regulatory Compliance, or related field is required.Other
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.