Strategy and Analytics Los Angeles, California San Francisco, California Washington DC, District Of Columbia United States Boulder, Colorado United States
EVgo Inc. (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation's largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first powered by 100% renewable energy. Serving more than 250,000 customers across 800 fast charging locations in over 65 metropolitan areas in 34 states, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification with a broad away of commercial partners including automakers; rideshare, autonomous, medium and heavy duty, and other fleet operators; utilities; retail site hosts and property owners; and other stakeholders to make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an electric vehicle (EV). As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work, and play, whether for a daily commute or commercial operations.
EVgo invests its capital to deploy EVgo chargers to serve the growing and evolving demand for public and dedicated charging solutions for of EVs. As the company sites future charging stations and evaluates business models to grow profitably, the team considers and evaluates current and projected EV penetration trends and owner demographics, local availability of charging infrastructure, traffic patterns, fleet partner electrification, input from OEMs, government policies and specific site level economic factors. With aggressive growth and investment plans, EVgo is looking for a professional to build on the work to date and shape and lead this growth and investment strategy going forward.
Reporting to the VP of Strategy, Analytics and Network Planning, the Director will be responsible for shaping the most important strategic and business decisions facing the company. The Director will be intimately involved in many aspects of the business and will support the Business Development organization in winning business with OEMs, fleet and rideshare companies, utilities, and other partners. The Director will develop a detailed knowledge of EVgo's business and strategy and identify opportunities for using data to grow the business and streamline processes.
The Strategy, Analytics and Network Planning team has built trust with its internal stakeholders through its consultative approach. Its team members are expected to act with agility, accountability and integrity.
- Develop structured approaches to solve business problems, identify opportunities and optimize processes
- Leverage data and analytics (including data science resources that reside on an adjacent team) to form a perspective and build a cohesive narrative
- Write clear and concise communications and present regularly to functional leaders and the CEO and CFO
- Partner with business owners to develop implementation plans to turn analysis into execution
- Provide strategic and commercial support and thought leadership for the Business Development organization
- Lead evaluating new business and capital investment opportunities
- Evaluate and develop new-to-the-industry business models and solutions
- Inform customer and partner segmentation and prioritization
- Understand and track trends and changes to the industry including an up-to-date forecast of market demand. Develop a point of view on disruptive threats and breakout opportunities. Supply the company with competitive intelligence
- Analyze and refine pricing strategies
- Maintain the company's long-term plan to drive both internal and external growth targets
- Lead team of high-performing individual contributors. Provide vision, coaching, training and career development.
Required Skills/Experience :
- 10-15 years of relevant experience
- Investment banking or management consulting experience preferred
- Experience in capital-intensive industries preferred, particularly utility or clean energy infrastructure
- Skilled at analyzing data and summarizing results (including big data, statistical analysis and visualizations)
- Proficient in financial modeling and investment underwriting
- Familiarity with statistics and/or econometrics, including A/B and hypothesis testing
- Excellent at developing and delivering presentations to C-level executives.
- Experience leading a high-performing team of data professionals
- Skilled at cross-functional collaboration with clients, peers, management, and other departments.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creative, solutions-oriented thinker
You have been redirected to a EVgo job page