As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry's largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com . We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
With a strong emphasis on analytics, the successful candidate will be responsible for leveraging Argus's strengths in understanding and then improving our client's businesses. Through in-depth analysis of a client's business, you will apply benchmarking techniques to identify areas of strength and weakness and then prepare and submit recommendations to clients (both written and oral) to optimize the effectiveness of our client's businesses. Responsibilities include:
- Play a key role in transforming large datasets into actionable insights/recommendations that help our clients achieve both their short and long-term business objectives
- Regularly interface with external clients while ensuring all deliverables are of the highest quality and submitted on time
- Partner with senior personnel to manage the day-to-day efforts of junior analysts across the team. Provide guidance and counsel when needed while monitoring the overall progress of client deliverables
- Help to define and scope complex analyses that provides clients with high quality, actionable recommendations and advice to help improve their portfolio performance and expand their strategies
- Identify opportunities to improve the operational efficiency of key client deliverables. Partner with internal SMEs to ensure identified processes are optimized in accordance with the needs of the client
- Contribute to the growth and development of junior personnel. Lead by example - set high standards for oneself as well as those around you
- Support Argus' emergence a leading analytics service provider by promoting a workplace culture deeply rooted in collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in relevant fields (Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, etc.). Advanced degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum 2-3 years' work experience in consumer banking (cards + deposits) or financial services consulting/advisory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SQL and PowerPoint
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses' government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.