We're proud to be a Principal Partner for COP26 , the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Any of our SEPD or SHEPD depots or offices:
South - Bath & Avon, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Dorset, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Sussex, West London, Wiltshire
North - Central Belt and above
Salary: 32,851 - 43,385 + car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
Our Workforce Renewal team is responsible for the succession planning, recruitment, management and assessment of learners within our Distribution business. In this role you will:
- deliver an excellent learning journey to all our learners and enable them to grow and gain the skills, knowledge and experience to successfully achieve their apprenticeship qualification
- monitor and support the learners to ensure they have attained and demonstrated the successful completion of their programmes and carry our regular reviews with both the learners and their depot manager
- have the potential to hold line management responsibility and support the Learner Managers with activities such as managing performance
- be able to monitor behaviour, progressing and implementing SSE's disciplinary procedures if required
What do I need?
We're looking for somebody who has a passion to develop our learners to become the next generation of safe, competent and knowledgeable employees. To be considered for this role, we're looking for you to have:
- good management skills, with the ability to develop, implement and deliver projects on time
- excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively at all levels and be able to motivate, not just the learners, but other key stakeholders
- the ability to mentor and coach learners, encouraging them to strive for continual improvements in quality and performance
- very good IT knowledge including Word and Excel
- be able to work well within a team but also to be self-motivated when working on your own
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact James on / .
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.