Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Senior TAD Tissuemaking Scientist
working for our Technical Center in Neenah, WI. This is a position within the papermaking technology research and development team. The Senior TAD Tissuemaking Scientist will create value by developing and implementing advancements in the TAD tissuemaking processes and filling the pipeline for future product improvements. This opportunity will allow you to combine your: technical expertise, leadership skills, creativity, and entrepreneurship to have a direct impact on business performance. If you have a passion for innovation, experience with tissuemaking technology, and a desire to collaborate with a team of dedicated people, this could be the right opportunity for you!This position is located in Neenah, WI, but would be open to remote workers if they are open to travel.What You Will Do In Your Role
The Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- Collaborate with product developers and business teams to understand and apply TAD papermaking capabilities and enabling technologies to meet present and future business needs
- Engage equipment OEM's, fabric vendors and other suppliers (i.e. fiber, chemistry, sensors etc.) to understand the capability of their technologies and in turn communicate our needs with the goal of identifying a pipeline of new opportunities for GP
- Exercise critical thought and approaching data analysis with a creative and open-minded approach to identify new opportunities and solve complex problems
- Monitor the market (domestic and international) to identify new technologies, explore the potential to improve products/processes, and make investment recommendations to the organization
- Coach/Educate the organization on technical capabilities both on the papermaking technology development team, as well as customers in the broader organization (business, engineering, operations, product development)
- Support scale-up trials and troubleshooting within production facilities
- Partner with operations and capital engineering teams to advance manufacturing capabilities and make impactful changes to how our products are made
- Partner with the Legal team to develop Intellectual Property strategies that include landscape investigation as well as the creation invention disclosures and patent applications
- Travel an average of 25% of the time, up to 50% of the time if located remotely
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Paper Science, Chemistry or Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of experience in tissuemaking
- Experience working in a Research & Development environment with demonstrated results independently leading research, developing new/creative solutions, and scaling up to commercialization
About the Neenah area:
- Advanced Degree (M.S. or PhD) in Paper Science, Chemistry or Engineering
- Five (5) or more years' experience in TAD papermaking
- Experience in project management and team leadership (i.e. helping guide research objectives and leading a team of scientists)
Our facility is Georgia-Pacific Innovation Institute® in Neenah, WI. Neenah is located in the heart of Northeast Wisconsin (also known as the Fox Valley) and is within driving distance to popular metro locations including Milwaukee, WI, Chicago, IL, Madison, WI and Green Bay, WI. The Fox Valley offers year-round recreation and attractions including 19 ski resorts with 100 miles, excellent shopping, and diversity in restaurants, music and nightlife. For families and nature lovers, the Fox Valley boasts a wealth of parks & wildlife refuges, excellent school districts, and other family-based activities. The area also has attractions such as the Fox Valley Performing Arts Center in Appleton, EAA in Oshkosh, along with great fishing and boating on local lakes, rivers and within driving distance to Lake Michigan. If you are sports fan, Lambeau field and Miller Park are within a short driving distance. Living in the Fox Valley provides the diversity and amenities of a larger city with a strong sense of community. We welcome you to explore what the Fox Valley could offer you!
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com