Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
Wood Mackenzie is an industry-leading data analytics company that provides analysis and insight on the world's natural resources with offices all around the globe. The team is working on a next generation, data analysis & visualization platform utilized by our customers to drive billion-dollar decisions.
We are looking for a dynamic, detail oriented, experienced leader to help develop and execute our vision.About The Role
This role reports to the Director of Energy Transition Data who is leading the build out of our new data offering. The successful candidate will be a crucial member of the Data team, at the forefront of our Energy Transition data business.
The Data Owner will lead a team of cross-functional experts and transform how Wood Mackenzie commercialises power, renewable and energy transition data. The role holder will scope, prioritize, monitor and drive the delivery of industry leading data that will underpin our client offerings. They will communicate the KPIs to a large and varied stakeholder group including senior management on a daily basis. They will also work closely with leaders across the organization to ensure the work of their team is aligned with the wider strategic transformation of our services, products and platforms.Key Responsibilities
- Lead one of four cross functional teams tasked with delivering our most valuable, widely shared power, renewable, and energy transition data assets
- Work with Wood Mackenzie customers, as well as the research, consulting and product teams that utilize our data to consistently increase customer value
- Articulate and set the priorities and objectives for Analytics-Ready data quality and usability
- Drive the backlog of work that is required to deliver this Analytics-Ready data within an agile framework working alongside the other data owners
- Line manage a subset of the team, coaching and developing them to maximise their potential
- Co-ordinate with data architects and engineers to build new, efficient and effective data processes using current and future data platform tooling and frameworks
- Articulate and address current and future skill gaps to ensure projects are set up for success
- Manage senior stakeholders by consistently communicating progress, requirements, and challenges against priority project timelines
- Align with fellow data owners and the leadership to refine best practices, identify and manage dependencies, and minimize redundant work
- Develop strategic messaging and provide guidelines for the data and product leads
- Represent the company and data within technical forums and interactions
You will be a self-starter, energised by a challenge, passionate about bringing great products to market, and love the thrill of creating a new standard for what's possible. You are a proven leader, able to organise and motivate a team to deliver tangible business benefits. You can adapt to new ways of working - and enjoy collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders. You will ideally have experience in working in the energy sector - preferably in power and renewables generation, power trading, or consulting.Knowledge & Experience
- Leadership and project management experience in data or research
- Designing and implementing new business process changes
- Demonstrated success leading small to medium-sized teams
- Understanding of the data product development process, and ability to navigate a team through the cycle to deliver consistent customer value
- Categorize and prioritise problems, document causes and implement solutions
- Use a range of product development principles and approaches, adapting for the problem at hand
- Identify relevant constraints and work within them (whether it be regulatory, technology or user-driven)
- Proven experience and background in data, able to speak with confidence on target customers and their challenges
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses' government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.